Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

What happened to Unit Pack Power Batteries

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-20, 08:01 AM
yippee

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I was waiting for the warm weather before buying my replacement battery from Unit Pack Power. Seemed like the likeliest source for a shot at a reasonable quality battery for a reasonable price.
Of course, now, I can't see any listings on ebay and an email I sent on their website bounced back. Doesn't really inspire trust. Would have preferred to buy on ebay. I was thinking of buying one of their 48V 20Ah triangle batteries and wanted to know why the difference in price (one costa $ 327.- and the other $ 390.-) Anybody have any recent experience buying their offerings?
Old 05-19-20, 11:36 AM
2old

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 882 Post(s)
Liked 821 Times in 620 Posts
I purchased a 36V battery recently for a project that hasn't materialized. Put 52V, 6ah into your browser and you'll find them. I wanted a 52V "mini", bit the price ($339 with charger) exceeded what it was worth (to me) for an experiment (purchased one from Luna several years ago for $225). However, their other batteries were reasonably priced.
Old 05-19-20, 01:07 PM
chas58

Bikes: too many of all kinds

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 1147 Post(s)
Liked 415 Times in 335 Posts
Originally Posted by 2old
I purchased a 36V battery recently for a project that hasn't materialized. Put 52V, 6ah into your browser and you'll find them. I wanted a 52V "mini", bit the price ($339 with charger) exceeded what it was worth (to me) for an experiment (purchased one from Luna several years ago for $225). However, their other batteries were reasonably priced.
let me know if your 36v needs a new home. Otherwise I may try to dig up Unit Pack Power.
Old 05-19-20, 01:26 PM
2old

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 882 Post(s)
Liked 821 Times in 620 Posts
I procured it for $184 with a charger, but anything over 300 wh is virtually impossible for me to ship without potentially incurring a $50K fine.
Old 05-20-20, 03:23 PM
Doc_Wui

Bikes: GT Transeo & a half dozen ebike conversions.

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Liked 275 Times in 192 Posts
Unit Pack Power is currently selling on amazon. I bought a U.P.P. battery on ebay last October. I asked them to give me a price on a 48V Dolphin pack, 12AH with Samsung cells instead of their typical chinese cells. They agreed to do it for about 50 bucks more.

My first ever battery came from them when they called themselves elifebike on ebay. That was 2015 and it still runs well for me. They're a relatively big outfit.

Anyway, they're still on ebay.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/U-P-P-48V-E...3292bd1b0c23f9