Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational)
Reload this Page >

Full Gas Gravel Race Rig What Are You Running?

Search
Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

Full Gas Gravel Race Rig What Are You Running?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-20, 07:04 AM
Rides4Beer

Bikes: SuperSix Evo | Revolt

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 733 Post(s)
Liked 815 Times in 414 Posts
Originally Posted by mohamilton
Totally agree you can't outbike your fitness but you can use the right tool for the job.
Absolutely. I would consider my bike to be the lower end of a minimum for serious racing. Kind of like what rosefarts posted, it's 105 groupset, 48/32 & 11-34, room for 45mm tires (I haven't needed more than 40mm, but your terrain and skills will dictate that), I use the third bottle mount under the downtube for my repair kit, and wear a hydration pack if the race is longer so I don't have to stop at aid stations.

The nice thing about the Revolt is that all of the frames are the same across the models, so while mine weighs 22lbs, my friend's Pro Force model is only 18lbs, so I can drop a good amount of weight with upgrading components down the road.
Old 05-20-20, 03:53 PM
mohamilton

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Rides4Beer
Absolutely. I would consider my bike to be the lower end of a minimum for serious racing. Kind of like what rosefarts posted, it's 105 groupset, 48/32 & 11-34, room for 45mm tires (I haven't needed more than 40mm, but your terrain and skills will dictate that), I use the third bottle mount under the downtube for my repair kit, and wear a hydration pack if the race is longer so I don't have to stop at aid stations.

The nice thing about the Revolt is that all of the frames are the same across the models, so while mine weighs 22lbs, my friend's Pro Force model is only 18lbs, so I can drop a good amount of weight with upgrading components down the road.
Oh nice thats cool to know. Seems like the Warbirds, Revolts, RLT rdo's, Diverges are all good routes that are pure gravel rigs. The older pre 2017 Specialized Diverges look awesome as they are more all road focused but fit 35mm tires, they also don't have the future shock too which is kinda nice. I might try to find one of those...