Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Were you looking for one of these-a Double Grail Bike/Probably never see one again.

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Were you looking for one of these-a Double Grail Bike/Probably never see one again.

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-19, 11:17 AM
since6

Bikes: Stevenson Custom, Stevenson Custom Tandem, Nishiki Professional

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 367 Post(s)
Liked 196 Times in 128 Posts

Up for sale on ebay for the price of a very ratty Miata is the rarest of the rare, a Jack Taylor Tricycle Tandem. If you're older with a wife that rides this is the answer to literally riding into the grave, as when the balance goes, as long as you can spin a wheel and grip a brake you and she can keep riding, and you will be the talk of any ride group, bike show. Enjoy:

Current owner, she's 5'6" to give scale.

If any member should buy, please do follow up posts for us all.
Likes For since6:
Old 08-10-19, 11:31 AM
scarlson 

Bikes: Ron Cooper touring, 1959 Jack Taylor 650b ladyback touring tandem, Vitus 979, Joe Bell painted Claud Butler Dalesman, Colin Laing curved tube tandem, heavily-Dilberted 1982 Trek 6xx, René Herse tandem

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 964 Post(s)
Liked 1,451 Times in 723 Posts
How much did the price say? I think I could get about 20 ratty Miyatas for the price they're asking!

Oh. Miata. Like the car.

Jack Taylor made some damn fine tandems. Mine handles much better than anything else I've had the privilege to ride (Santana, Laing, Raleigh). Looks like the components on this trike are not top-of-the-line, but I bet it will corner well enough to make you forget you're on three wheels!

If they listed the serial (usually on the left rear dropout, so who knows where it is on this frame) we could date it.