Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Bicycle Road frame 1936 ???

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-20, 05:36 PM
Petit Breton

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 8 Posts

Hello, I take this opportunity to show you this road bike frame. It has curious details for me. Stamped on the superior left seat stay is the word "****ERI" and the number "298". I don't know what the word "****eri" means, maybe it is the last name of the bicycle frame builder and the frame number ********** on the right side of the seat stay it has the letters "B F" and the numbers "15 8 36" will this be the manufacturing date day month and year ??? and the letters F B which mean ??? the rear hooks have a stamped number 50. The pipes are arrow shaped. the fork IS NOT OF THAT TABLE but it is also interesting- The Botton brackets is 35mm FRENCH thread ???? and below it is stamped the number 28 11
And the seat tube is 26.2mm. If someone knows brand and origin or country of origin I will be grateful. The idea is to restore the painting and make it roll again on the Argentine routes. Thank you

Likes For Petit Breton:
Old 08-06-20, 05:49 PM
juvela

Mentioned: 415 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3811 Post(s)
Liked 3,338 Times in 2,178 Posts
-----

suspect lugs, crown, ends and shell to be all or Argentine origin

likely unfamiliar to nearly all here at this forum

Fischer did make some shells with a lip on the fixed side, their lip is not quite so promient as the one here. shell appears to have provision for a lubrication fitting.

the integral headset is a very 1930's sort of thing

unable to make any guesses here

this machine takes us back to the day of Ildefonso Soler (yes, I appreciate he was Uruguayan ). that era in any event...

if you are in or near BsAs maybe you could show it to an "old-timer" at Saavedra to see if they recognize anything...

-----

Last edited by juvela; 08-06-20 at 06:45 PM. Reason: addition
Old 08-06-20, 07:01 PM
Petit Breton

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 8 Posts
Dear Juvela, here in Argentina there were dozens and dozens of frame manufacturers, from semi-industrial production to fully artisanal production. Even in Argentina dropouts and lugs were manufactured by various manufacturers. Someday if the forum allows me I will upload the pictures of the Argentine manufacturers frames (framesbuilders) at least of the main ones. thank you
Old 08-06-20, 07:21 PM
iab

Mentioned: 201 Post(s)
Quoted: 3015 Post(s)
Liked 3,802 Times in 1,408 Posts
I have never seen that marquee before, but I do like it. Nicely made. Riding it fixed would be an easy "restoration".