Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Bianchi Bike Frame

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-20, 12:21 PM
urbanputt7

Bikes: Specialized Sirrus Comp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bianchi Bike Frame

Hi everyone, first time posting!

I recently scooped up at Bianchi frame with carbon fork and mavic cxp33 rims. The frame is generally in bad condition, paint stripped off completely with no decals. I hope to restore this as a project, but really have no idea what the model or the manufacture year is. Was hoping to get the information so I can start looking up the correct color way and parts... I plan to powder coat it and add the decals from the correct time period.

This is the Serial no.: WBK2567627 I found on the frame.

Any and all help is much appreciated :-)
Old 07-24-20, 06:31 PM
thinktubes 
weapons-grade bolognium

Bikes: Battaglin Cromor, Ciocc Designer 84, Schwinn Superior 1981

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 985 Post(s)
Liked 2,376 Times in 891 Posts
Welcome! Since you're not asking for a value, this should be in the main C&V forum.

maybe cb400bill can work his magic
Old 07-25-20, 12:25 AM
urbanputt7

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by thinktubes
Welcome! Since you're not asking for a value, this should be in the main C&V forum.

maybe cb400bill can work his magic
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
Old 07-26-20, 10:41 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2926 Post(s)
Liked 2,921 Times in 1,489 Posts
Originally Posted by urbanputt7
Hi everyone, first time posting!

I recently scooped up at Bianchi frame with carbon fork and mavic cxp33 rims. The frame is generally in bad condition, paint stripped off completely with no decals. I hope to restore this as a project, but really have no idea what the model or the manufacture year is. Was hoping to get the information so I can start looking up the correct color way and parts... I plan to powder coat it and add the decals from the correct time period.

This is the Serial no.: WBK2567627 I found on the frame.

Any and all help is much appreciated :-)

Were the carbon fork and wheels ll that was left on it? Was it a steel frame or aluminum? Any components? What hubs? Taking a wild guess I suspect it hails from the late '90s to mid 2000s if the wheels were OEM

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Likes For Bianchigirll:
Old 07-26-20, 05:39 PM
urbanputt7

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bianchigirll
Were the carbon fork and wheels ll that was left on it? Was it a steel frame or aluminum? Any components? What hubs? Taking a wild guess I suspect it hails from the late '90s to mid 2000s if the wheels were OEM
Hello Bianchi Girl! First of all, thanks for the response, appreciate it. So it appears that the serial number ends with a T, instead of a 7 - that was clarified upon closer inspection. The frame is definitely steel and the hubs are Specialized. In another thread, user T-Mar mentioned this would have been from the Danish market produced in 2001.. With that info, it appears that my frame may be a 2001 Veloce - carbon fork looks like it at least.

I am hoping to be able to upload pictures soon...