Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Your cycle computer setups for multiple bikes and max versatility

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Your cycle computer setups for multiple bikes and max versatility

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-19, 09:26 AM
csrpenfab

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked 99 Times in 57 Posts
After getting tired of dealing with multiple computers, I've nixed them all and I actually find riding much more enjoyable not staring at a damn computer! I just use Strava and an Apple Watch. I can get my speed/distance//time/HR with a simple glance at the watch when needed.
Old 10-03-19, 10:16 AM
Unca_Sam
The dropped

Bikes: Pake C'Mute Touring/Commuter Build, 1989 Kona Cinder Cone, 1995 Trek 5200, 1973 Raleigh Super Course FG, 1960/61 Montgomery Ward Hawthorne "thrift" 3 speed, by Hercules (sold) : 1966 Schwinn Deluxe Racer (sold)

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1739 Post(s)
Liked 1,014 Times in 696 Posts
Originally Posted by guachi
Regarding cadence sensors:

I have the kind that you can attach to your shoe so you can easily switch from bike to bike or person to person.
I am interested in the Wahoo cadence sensor. I'm not sure about others since I'm still researching it. I thought I had a solution with Strava and external sensors. It still seems possible, but tracking cadence is more useful during a ride than after anyway. I haven't looked at Wahoo's computer seriously yet.
Old 10-03-19, 12:53 PM
guachi

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked 327 Times in 179 Posts
I bought the cadence sensor because the Wahoo Kickr Core doesn't come with one. Just as well as it's more versatile to have one that isn't stuck on the bike. My main issue with the Wahoo cadence sensor was that getting into the battery compartment was a real pain in the butt.