Search
Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

Uh-oh! 2019 Salsa Warbird V4

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-18, 04:36 PM
FlashBazbo
Chases Dogs for Sport

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 983 Post(s)
Liked 141 Times in 94 Posts
Uh-oh! 2019 Salsa Warbird V4

Uh-oh! I've been looking for a 2019 Warbird V4 frameset -- they are sold out. But worse news may be afoot. My LBS was put on a "stop sale" order for Warbird V4's in stock. It appears that the new Warbird fork is, possibly, going to be recalled. Ouch!

I hope it's an easy and quick process. The V4 is an awesome bike! (It looks as if I will be riding my Checkpoint a little longer than planned.)
Old 11-16-18, 09:03 PM
dwmckee

Bikes: Co-Motion Cappuccino Tandem,'88 Bob Jackson Touring, Co-Motion Cascadia Touring, Open U.P., Ritchie Titanium Breakaway, Frances Cycles SmallHaul cargo bike. Those are the permanent ones; others wander in and out of the stable occasionally as well.

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 427 Post(s)
Liked 339 Times in 229 Posts
Our shop sells the Salsa Warbird, Jamis Renegade, Bombtrack EXT, 3T Exploro and Open. With the Warbirds on the floor unsellable at present due to warranty issues we are getting a lot of folks considering the Open Classic and Open UP instead. That is the bike that Salsa tried to copy with the 2019 version of the Warbird just released. Open was started by Vroomen who was a founder of Cervelo and BMC, He is also te product designer for 3T. An excellent pedigree and the reason Salsa tried to copy his frame design.

Last edited by dwmckee; 12-03-18 at 07:23 AM. Reason: Changes
Old 11-16-18, 09:18 PM
FlashBazbo
Chases Dogs for Sport

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 983 Post(s)
Liked 141 Times in 94 Posts
You're not serious.
Old 11-17-18, 04:52 PM
Metieval

Bikes: Road bike, Hybrid, Gravel, Drop bar SS, hard tail MTB

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1218 Post(s)
Liked 298 Times in 214 Posts
Originally Posted by FlashBazbo
Uh-oh! I've been looking for a 2019 Warbird V4 frameset -- they are sold out. But worse news may be afoot. My LBS was put on a "stop sale" order for Warbird V4's in stock. It appears that the new Warbird fork is, possibly, going to be recalled. Ouch!

I hope it's an easy and quick process. The V4 is an awesome bike! (It looks as if I will be riding my Checkpoint a little longer than planned.)
I wonder if it is all the forks or just some as there is 2 different forks.
Waxwing, and then the waxwing deluxe
Old 11-18-18, 06:57 AM
Noonievut

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked 261 Times in 129 Posts
Originally Posted by dwmckee
Our shop sells the Salsa Warbird, Jamis Renegade, Bombtrack EXT, 3T Exploro and Open. With the Warbirds lame on the floor unsellable at present due to warranty issues we are getting a lot of folks considering the Open Classic and Open UP instead. That is the bike that Salsa tried to copy with the 2019 version of the Warbird just released. Open was started by Vroomen who was a founder of Cervelo and BMC, He is also te product designer for 3T. An excellent pedigree and the reason Salsa tried to copy his frame design.
I guess it depends on what you want out of the bike. Open and Warbird are more geared towards fast gravel riding and racing. The Bombtrack is more bikepacking, more versatile albeit heavier.

As a roadie who got his first gravel bike a year ago I went with a cx bike that ended up feeling similar to my road bike, but with clearance for 33mm tires. I’ve since sold that to buy a bike less like the road bike (650b x 2.2 clearance, more mounts than I can imagine) and find it more enjoyable...but that’s me.
Old 11-28-18, 06:23 AM
Koyote

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 6963 Post(s)
Liked 10,963 Times in 4,688 Posts
Originally Posted by dwmckee
Our shop sells the Salsa Warbird, Jamis Renegade, Bombtrack EXT, 3T Exploro and Open. With the Warbirds lame on the floor unsellable at present due to warranty issues we are getting a lot of folks considering the Open Classic and Open UP instead. That is the bike that Salsa tried to copy with the 2019 version of the Warbird just released. Open was started by Vroomen who was a founder of Cervelo and BMC, He is also te product designer for 3T. An excellent pedigree and the reason Salsa tried to copy his frame design.
Which shop is that? DM me if you prefer.