Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Suntour XCT forks black lockout lever removal

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-19, 12:32 AM
Alberta1980

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

On my suntour xct forks want to swap the older lockout style with the black lever to the newer style with the blue lever which I have the parts for. Was wondering if anyone knows how to take the black style lever off without smashing it as it doesn't seem to just pop off like the blue. Can't link or post photo yet.
Old 03-26-19, 10:31 PM
Alberta1980

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Anyone?
Old 03-27-19, 08:24 AM
carlosponti

Bikes: '90 Raleigh Technium Prestige, '90 Fuji Thrill - Gone, '18 Fuji Nevada 1.7 29er, '19 Fezzari Abajo Peak

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 23 Posts
So a picture would be helpful. The only thing I know of is that on older xct they didnt have lockouts but had a preload adjuster like they do on the left side of the fork. the newer forks have a lockout that rotates around to lockout the fork from moving at all. So it depends on what you mean. a picture would help us identify what you mean by lockout lever. if its just the preload dial its not convertible. you only have two more posts before you can post links and pictures. find some other posts around try to get that count up and come back with some pictures.