Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Atlanta riders-turkey shuffle

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-18, 05:41 PM
bonsai171

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 750 Post(s)
Liked 90 Times in 70 Posts

Has anyone in the Atlanta area tried the Turkey Shuffle? Is it a tough ride?

Dave
Old 11-16-18, 02:10 PM
Bikedud
Sapient

Bikes: Just a bunch of bikes.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Never done the Turkey Shuffle, but I ride a lot in the Cohuttas so I'm confident that the routes will be challenging. For me, not knowing the routes (distances) ahead of time is both intimidating and intriguing. It sounds like a lot of fun. If you go, please tell us all about it.
Old 11-16-18, 06:19 PM
bonsai171

Originally Posted by Bikedud
Never done the Turkey Shuffle, but I ride a lot in the Cohuttas so I'm confident that the routes will be challenging. For me, not knowing the routes (distances) ahead of time is both intimidating and intriguing. It sounds like a lot of fun. If you go, please tell us all about it.
I'll probably try it. Never been to the Cohuttas before, but it looks like a dream location for me based on the pictures. Worst case scenario it will kick my butt and still be fun

Dave
Old 11-16-18, 09:55 PM
Spoonrobot 

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Quoted: 1217 Post(s)
Liked 187 Times in 118 Posts
It's not really a tough ride since you can make it as hard or easy as you want, lots of climbing no matter what though. So maybe that makes it tough?

I didn't have time to ride the full 5 hours available last year so I went back to Mulberry Gap after about 3 hours and turned in my tickets. I actually only rode gravel and didn't even do any singletrack and still got quite a bit of points. Ended up winning around $120 worth of stuff. I'll be back this year as well. Gonna try to go the full 5 hours and see what I can win.
Old 11-19-18, 09:22 PM
bonsai171

Originally Posted by Spoonrobot
It's not really a tough ride since you can make it as hard or easy as you want, lots of climbing no matter what though. So maybe that makes it tough?

I didn't have time to ride the full 5 hours available last year so I went back to Mulberry Gap after about 3 hours and turned in my tickets. I actually only rode gravel and didn't even do any singletrack and still got quite a bit of points. Ended up winning around $120 worth of stuff. I'll be back this year as well. Gonna try to go the full 5 hours and see what I can win.
That does sound like fun.. Just signed up for it, been looking for an excuse to check out the Cohuttas If i do win something that's cool too, but a big thing for me is having the experience.

Dave