Go Back  Bike Forums > News & Suggestions > Forum Suggestions & User Assistance
Reload this Page >

Reported Post in Thread: " Looking for Cyclart " by gugie

Search
Notices
Forum Suggestions & User Assistance Have a suggestion for the forums? Need help with the Forums? Post here.

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-18, 10:08 AM
gugie 
Bike Butcher of Portland

Bikes: It's complicated.

Mentioned: 1299 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4682 Post(s)
Liked 5,800 Times in 2,284 Posts

gugie has reported a post.

Reason:
Admin: in-line photo URL's are sometimes not working for me. I click on the picture icon, and nothing happens. Using Chrome and Windows 10
Forum: Classic & Vintage
Assigned Moderators: lotek, Siu Blue Wind

Posted by: gugie
Original Content:
Originally Posted by merziac
Ed Litton belongs on this list...
I would consult @gugie for direction on the dimpling, he should have some words of wisdom.
I've got an Ed Litton paint job from 5 years ago, and a buddy of mine had a cantilever fork repair/repaint job a few years back, but same buddy is trying to get a frame painted by him, but hasn't had success in connecting for a few months now, and is moving on. Ed does (did?) great work, but was always late and later on promises. Perhaps he's retired now? Anybody know?
@Andy_K has had good success with Jeff Bock in Iowa.

As far as dimpling goes, you're going to have significantly less stiff chainstays if you do that, which may be ok for a light rider or someone who mostly sits and spins up hills. As others have pointed out, this may not be a good candidate fora 650b conversion. If you're doing a full repaint anyway, check to see the widest tire you can get put on the fork. If you can get a 700c x 32 in there with your brakes, then it may be useful to relocate the rear brake bridge, which isn't very difficult for framebuilder to do. I've found that sometimes the clearance doesn't match between front and rear. 32's will give you a significantly cushier ride than 28's.

If you're ok with powder coat, a good recommendation would be Groody Brothers in Kansas City. Mark Rainey there does brazing as well as powder coat, and can re-decal and clear coat as well for a pretty reasonable price. He powder coated a couple of frames for me, including my" Eroica" Grand Sport
Old 10-14-18, 11:17 PM
Rollfast
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 255 Posts
https://www.bikeforums.net/forum-sug...t-picture.html

What were you doing when you tried to post it? Was the image too large? Resize it and try again.