Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Is this a good bike?

Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Is this a good bike?

Old 11-07-18, 07:29 AM
27md

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Is this a good bike?

is the scott aspect 960 a good bike ?
i will use it in everyday transportation and maybe once or twice a month go mountain-bike with it
the price for it in my country is around 600$
i want to make sure it will be a good bike for that price and of the upgradability
Old 11-13-18, 12:28 AM
EdwinHeadwind
Banned.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 27md
is the scott aspect 960 a good bike ?
i will use it in everyday transportation and maybe once or twice a month go mountain-bike with it
the price for it in my country is around 600$
i want to make sure it will be a good bike for that price and of the upgradability
Should be fine for your purposes. The front fork is nothing special, but should get the job done. You're getting entry-level parts on it, but they're brand name (Tektro, Shimano, Syncros), and should be reliable if you take care of them -- park it indoors, lube the chain, and get it adjusted for spoke tension and cable stretch as you break it in. It's certainly upgradable, but it's not a bike I'd want to throw a whole lot more money at. Ride it as it is, and upgrade parts only if and when they fail. Scott is a reputable company, but like everyone else, they have to cut some corners to hit that price point. I see no major red flags, but don't take it on any extreme Red Bull trail runs.