Notices
Forum Suggestions & User Assistance Have a suggestion for the forums? Need help with the Forums? Post here.

Winner pop ups again

Old 12-12-18, 08:58 PM
sdmc530
Heft On Wheels

Bikes: Specialized,Cannondale,Argon 18

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 887 Post(s)
Liked 560 Times in 346 Posts
Winner pop ups again

have started to get the winner gift card thing again from the usual places again. IE amazon, Walmart and such. Don’t know if this only me or not. The script issue on opening pages is still an issue too. Doesn’t seem to matter what browser but the script warning pops up and have to reload the page all the time. The adds seem to be really dogging down the place again. Help!
Old 12-13-18, 11:50 AM
IBThomas
Banned.

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanks, I'll let our team know that pop ups are back. What device and browsers is this happening to you on? If you can provide a screenshot of the pop up, that would be helpful too.
Old 12-13-18, 01:57 PM
sdmc530
Heft On Wheels

Originally Posted by IBThomas
Thanks, I'll let our team know that pop ups are back. What device and browsers is this happening to you on? If you can provide a screenshot of the pop up, that would be helpful too.
it was on my iPhone and my Ipad. I will get a pic next time. On my Internet Explorer on my laptop no issues. But on my "I" devices its bad again. Doesn't seem to matter what browser either.

I will get a pic tonight for you when checking I have no doubt.
Old 12-13-18, 09:15 PM
sdmc530
Heft On Wheels

Originally Posted by IBThomas

here are are some pics. Only happens on I products. Doesn’t matter if on mobile site of web version. Tonight it’s midco last night it was amazon. Hope this helps.
Old 12-13-18, 09:16 PM
sdmc530
Heft On Wheels

Oh yeah and it goes to this site and you can’t go back or anything. You have to start all over.
Old 12-14-18, 10:46 AM
IBThomas
Banned.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by sdmc530

here are are some pics. Only happens on I products. Doesn’t matter if on mobile site of web version. Tonight it’s midco last night it was amazon. Hope this helps.
Thanks. It looks like this is happening to a lot of websites across the web. I'll make sure that our tech team hear's your report.
Old 12-15-18, 01:13 PM
sdmc530
Heft On Wheels

Thanks i can’t even do anything on here anymore on my iPad. Don’t have this happen anyplace else. This place is sooo ad heavy already.

Hope they can fix it. I like it here.
Old 12-15-18, 05:27 PM
Rollfast
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 255 Posts
A paid membership is cheap and yearly and works across all of your devices and even actual computers (joke).

It would also be advisable to figure out your settings ie security settings and such and if needed get an app for that.

People who make this stuff don't mess around, they try to stay a step or three ahead.
Old 12-16-18, 06:35 PM
sdmc530
Heft On Wheels

Originally Posted by Rollfast
A paid membership is cheap and yearly and works across all of your devices and even actual computers (joke).

It would also be advisable to figure out your settings ie security settings and such and if needed get an app for that.

People who make this stuff don't mess around, they try to stay a step or three ahead.
Funny thing about this is even at work, the tightest IT security I have ever come across these issues still happen.
Old 12-16-18, 07:44 PM
puma1552

Bikes: '17 Colnago C-RS (Full 5800); '16 Specialized Sirrus Elite

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked 60 Times in 38 Posts
site is literally unusable on ios devices today...75 times so far today?.
Old 12-17-18, 12:16 PM
IBThomas
Banned.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by puma1552
site is literally unusable on ios devices today...75 times so far today?.
Looks like advertisers are getting really aggressive for the holiday season. We're keeping an eye on this and working to get it fixed.
Old 12-17-18, 03:58 PM
Rollfast
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 255 Posts
Originally Posted by sdmc530
Funny thing about this is even at work, the tightest IT security I have ever come across these issues still happen.
A paid membership is still equivalent to just over $2 a month, as long as you are logged in there are no ads and you really can't install anything not approved by your company at work, if they are cool about using sites not related to your job.

Sorry to say but I'm under the impression that iPads are almost like Model Ts to Apple and as you may have already noted this stuff is really heavy right now. Still, it not your device so much as it's Christmastime...I heard a news report about a family that fell for a wire transfer scam while trying to buy a new house just yesterday and you'd think people had more sense but that was $80 grand...

Prices on eBay get stupid for a while too. Some tax payments are due soon and also recall that the Alisher71 scam happened near Christmastime as well. You simply have to be careful. I wouldn't use your company's network for casual browsing. Fortify your personal devices and desktop computers and wait until you get home.
Old 12-17-18, 07:58 PM
sdmc530
Heft On Wheels

Yep, I just abandon my IOS stuff on here for now. Hopefully it will pass.
Old 12-17-18, 08:22 PM
Shimagnolo

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 3355 Post(s)
Liked 5,431 Times in 2,810 Posts
The stuff comes and goes;
I've seen it on sites as high profile as Chicago Tribune, and on another forum I frequent.

One sure way to kill it is to turn off Javascript, (which is what it exploits), but so many sites rely on it, that it is not always practical.

Googling for it turns up a ton of useless info, as well as fraudulent sites that want you to install their "anti-virus" crapware. (It is not a virus, nor anything at all on your computer/tablet/phone.)

Here is one of the few legitimate articles about it: https://www.wired.com/story/pop-up-m...-to-stop-them/

Last edited by Shimagnolo; 12-17-18 at 08:26 PM.