Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Too many bikes

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Too many bikes

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-20, 05:26 PM
squirtdad

Bikes: Kirk Custom JK Special, '84 Team Miyata,(dura ace old school) 80?? SR Semi-Pro 600 Arabesque

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2339 Post(s)
Liked 2,831 Times in 1,545 Posts
Originally Posted by TugaDude
Ha! That's going to be my argument. Backups! And maybe a rain bike. And a snow bike. And a beach bike? I can rub sunscreen on my Brooks.
just don't get a red de rosa....somehow that catches their eye (at least in my case)

Old 03-13-20, 08:34 PM
Kedge

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
sorry I need to explain I dont have a smartphone, only a tablet at home so if I am no here I dont folllow,I will take a pic tomorrow and post here sorry all
Old 03-13-20, 09:06 PM
Kedge

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I bought all the bikes in the nineties from a local frame builder,a lot of cannondales,six to be exact,not a lot of bikes really,but my post was incorrectly named, not too many bikes, but which one should I part with to upgrade another
Old 03-16-20, 06:52 PM
oddjob2
Still learning

Bikes: Still a garage full

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 847 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 44 Posts
Originally Posted by ramzilla
Unless you're financially independent and live in a mansion, 30 bikes isn't a collection. It's a problem. You got to get the pile of bikes down to no more than maybe 12 tops. I would just cut about half the bikes out & advertise them all for sale cheap. And, give some away too.
It’s not about the mansion, but the garage or pole barn space. I have 8 bays, but it is not enough for 4 cars and a big enough bike hoard to make danbianchi freak!
Old 03-17-20, 09:26 AM
ramzilla

Bikes: Vintage Japanese Bicycles, Tange, Ishiwata, Kuwahara

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 700 Post(s)
Liked 322 Times in 252 Posts
Originally Posted by oddjob2
It’s not about the mansion, but the garage or pole barn space. I have 8 bays, but it is not enough for 4 cars and a big enough bike hoard to make danbianchi freak!
You're right. I guess I'm just projecting my own insecurity about having enough space for a bike collection. Over the last two years I've gone from a house with a 1000 sq ft detached garage to a little house in Florida with a small 2 car garage & a tiny attic. Here's some pics of my bike collection over the last couple years.

Old 03-17-20, 10:14 AM
Johnk3

Bikes: Simoncini, Wilier (2), Cinelli Supercorsa, Cicli Barco XCr

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked 84 Times in 42 Posts
Originally Posted by Kedge
I have 5 bikes,my wife has 4 my son has 3 plus parts from many others,what I want to do is buy a really nice set of wheels for one bike and finance it by selling some others,not here but that's the plan,the giordana is probably one of them,not sure what they are worth, I did email the maker but have not heard back.
I do not comprehend your query. Last fall I had 4 bikes and my wife had 3. I was toying with getting a stainless steel XCr frame made and getting rid of one of the other bikes. My wife told me that I did not have enough bikes so I should get another one. I did. I love her so, she is the best.
I do understand consolidation however. Each of my bikes does have a specific purpose, if only emotionally. I suspect I may not be getting any more unless it would be as a present for my wife.

It would be helpful to know exactly what you have. Photos would be best.