Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

anyone with experience on a CAAD 10 Black Edition 2013? and help with buying new bike

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

anyone with experience on a CAAD 10 Black Edition 2013? and help with buying new bike

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-14, 09:55 PM
honglet

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Saw a sale on this bike at lbs.
Cannondale CAAD10 Black Inc. C - Kozy's Chicago Bike Shops | Chicago Bike Stores, Bicycles, Cycling, Bike Repair

Anyone with experience on this bike would like to share their thoughts on this bike? Any cons/pros? How can I find the model number for the group set?

If money is the a big factor, how would one compare this agains SUPERSIX EVO HI-MOD 2 DURA ACE? In what scenario would I wish to have this SuperSIX eve rather than a CAAD 10 Black Edition?

I am considering buying a new bike now and have found it isn't an easy decision to make. If my budget could be anywhere from $3000 to $6000, what would you guys recommend? I use it mostly for cross training and would like to go longer distance in near future as I am progressing in my training. Thanks for your kind help in advanced.
Old 08-16-14, 10:22 PM
rms13

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by honglet
Saw a sale on this bike at lbs.
Cannondale CAAD10 Black Inc. C - Kozy's Chicago Bike Shops | Chicago Bike Stores, Bicycles, Cycling, Bike Repair

Anyone with experience on this bike would like to share their thoughts on this bike? Any cons/pros? How can I find the model number for the group set?

If money is the a big factor, how would one compare this agains SUPERSIX EVO HI-MOD 2 DURA ACE? In what scenario would I wish to have this SuperSIX eve rather than a CAAD 10 Black Edition?

I am considering buying a new bike now and have found it isn't an easy decision to make. If my budget could be anywhere from $3000 to $6000, what would you guys recommend? I use it mostly for cross training and would like to go longer distance in near future as I am progressing in my training. Thanks for your kind help in advanced.
The scenario where you would want the Dura Ace Evo would be the scenario where you are a professional racer. As a recreational rider either one is more than enough bike. Have you test road them? I believe geometry is identical so it's just carbon vs alum. Also looks like they only have 56 and 58 left for the CAAD so hopefully that is your size
Old 08-16-14, 10:27 PM
bikerjp
Beer >> Sanity

Bikes: 2014 Evo DA2, 2010 Caad9-4, 2011 Synapse-4, 2013 CaadX-disc

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have a caad9 so can't comment directly on the caad10 but I do have the Evo HiMod and it's a great bike. I like my caad but the Evo is my go to bike. I've done a 200KM brevets and the Triple Bypass ride on it and it's been great. The black edition caad10 is a pretty sick bike and if you want electronic shifting the price is good. Unless you find a killer deal you'll pay more for the HiMod Evo and have mechanical. Both are great bikes and will serve you well and both have their fans. Personally, if money is not the issue, get the Evo.
Old 08-17-14, 08:11 AM
Trsnrtr
Super Modest

Bikes: Trek Emonda, Giant Propel, Colnago V3, Co-Motion Supremo, ICE VTX WC

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10963 Post(s)
Liked 4,620 Times in 2,123 Posts
I rode the 2013 black edition CAAD 10 and really liked it but I worried about long distance comfort. The bike really accelerates when you stand on it. The Ultegra Di2 is 10 speed and the frame is strictly electronic with no provisions for mechanical.

Nice bike. Buy it if you like it.

Old 08-17-14, 02:45 PM
roadwarrior

Bikes: Cannondale EVO, CAAD9, Giant cross bike.

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Great frame. Most people will have a hard time (if we could do this) tell the diff between the ride on the 10.

Proof? Aluminum at that retail price. And we sell them to racers. If you wrekc it it's not going to kill you to replace it price-wise versus a HM.

And that is a great price. It's about what an employee would pay of they bought a bike off the rack (which they'd be nuts to do with EP) so good price.