Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

Garmin Edge Explore Question

Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Garmin Edge Explore Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-20, 01:06 PM
Rhondito

Bikes: 2020 Giant Advanced Revolt 2; 2019 Cannondale Synapse; 2017 Cannondale Habit Lefty; 2010 Blue RD1 (retired)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 16 Posts
Question Garmin Edge Explore Question

Hi everyone, I've just gotten a new Garmin Edge Explore and a new rode bike. My old Garmin was an ancient 500 and when I moved it between bikes I had to manually go into it to switch the bike profiles. Will this new Garmin automatically detect which bike I'm using when I move it from one to the other? I've tried to find the answer on Garmin's site but haven't had any luck.
Thanks.
Old 07-30-20, 04:06 PM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 3231 Post(s)
Liked 2,079 Times in 1,177 Posts
The Explore only allows 1 user profile, so essentially it doesn’t know or care which bike it’s used on, so nothing to switch. If/when you add things like cadence or speed sensors, they get detected automatically.
Old 08-05-20, 10:32 PM
Noahma

Bikes: 2022 Orbea Orca M20Team, 2017 Orbea Avant M40, 2019 Trek Checkpoint ALR

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 13 Posts
After your done with your ride and its uploaded. You just have to go to Garmin's connect website and change gear. That is what I do between my Road and Gravel bike. Works well if I dont forget lol.
Old 08-20-20, 02:55 PM
Hibonite

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm wondering when an update to the Explore will arrive. It's certainly due. I'm hoping they integrate some of the navigation features of the 530 into the Explore and increase the battery life.
Old 08-20-20, 05:14 PM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 3231 Post(s)
Liked 2,079 Times in 1,177 Posts
Originally Posted by Hibonite
I'm wondering when an update to the Explore will arrive. It's certainly due. I'm hoping they integrate some of the navigation features of the 530 into the Explore and increase the battery life.
Don’t hold your breath on improved battery life, that almost never gets better with a new OS. It’s a factor of the battery size and type as well as the OS demands. You might see improved Nav., Garmin is supposed to be updating older devices this fall or so with some of the features of the new 1030 Plus.
Old 08-21-20, 11:04 AM
Rhondito

Bikes: 2020 Giant Advanced Revolt 2; 2019 Cannondale Synapse; 2017 Cannondale Habit Lefty; 2010 Blue RD1 (retired)

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Hibonite
I actually had some sort of update install yesterday. I haven't checked to see what changed though.

Thanks to those of you who replied to my question, your answers were very helpful.
A local friend also showed me how to broadcast my heart rate from my Garmin watch to the Explore so it's showing me all the info I need now.