Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

1999 Bianchi Veloce Campagnolo survivor

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Old 09-13-20, 10:43 PM
StuBotNYC

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 35 Times in 22 Posts

This is my all stock Bianchi, the only changes are the tires and bar tape.

I bought it in 2007 or so, always wanted a Bianchi and found this one on eBay in the early days; was barely ridden, I changed the rubber to Panaracer Tserv and wore out two pair before taking an unfortunate break from 2010 to 2020. I kept riding my 1996 Yokota MTB that I outfitted as a commuter with inverted tread slicks and a Dahon folder but the gearing on the Bianchi is brutal if youre not training actively so it sat for too long.

Until the 2020 Pandemic.

Started getting my kid out on the hills around my town and got bit by the road bike bug again and for my kid his first road bike, which led me to cleaning up the Bianchi, giving it a tune up, new tape and rubber.

Once you're fit enough this bike truly sings; it's steel, pretty light and very fast if you can get it up to speed.

Shifts great, brakes well and even with my aggressive continental contact plus cyclocross tires it rolls great and not a single flat in the past 4 months.

1999 Bianchi Veloce

Was gonna post photos but this site wont let me with its stupid 10 post rule.

Time to garbage post if I wanna show you my bikes I'm pretty proud of. Thanks admins.

Last edited by StuBotNYC; 09-20-20 at 07:19 PM.
Likes For StuBotNYC:
Old 09-13-20, 11:05 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Quoted: 4501 Post(s)
Liked 6,367 Times in 3,663 Posts
Originally Posted by StuBotNYC
This is my all stock Bianchi, the only changes are the tires and bar tape.

I bought it in 2007 or so, always wanted a Bianchi and found this one on eBay in the early days; was barely ridden, I changed the rubber to Panaracer Tserv and wore out two pair before taking an unfortunate break from 2010 to 2020. I kept riding my 1996 Yokota MTB that I outfitted as a commuter with inverted tread slicks and a Dahon folder but the gearing on the Bianchi is brutal if youre not training actively so it sat for too long.

Until the 2020 Pandemic.

Started getting my kid out on the hills around my town and got bit by the road bike bug again and for my kid his first road bike, which led me to cleaning up the Bianchi, giving it a tune up, new tape and rubber.

Once you're fit enough this bike truly sings; it's steel, pretty light and very fast if you can get it up to speed.

Shifts great, brakes well and even with my aggressive continental contact plus cyclocross tires it rolls great and not a single flat in the past 4 months.

1999 Bianchi Veloce

Was gonna post photos but this site wont let me with its stupid 10 post rule.

Time to garbage post if I wanna show you my bikes I'm pretty proud of. Thanks admins.
Welcome aboard, glad you found us.

Garbage posts may not work, they are monitored fairly closely.

You need 5 posts X 2 days for 10.

Anti spam measure that serves us very well and is really no big deal, well worth the security that we highly value here.

Very easy to go around and comment on posts where you will quickly find many like minded and also proud folks.

Your pics may have gone to the gallery and may be linked here in time.
Old 09-13-20, 11:32 PM
StuBotNYC

Originally Posted by merziac
Welcome aboard, glad you found us.

Garbage posts may not work, they are monitored fairly closely.

You need 5 posts X 2 days for 10.

Anti spam measure that serves us very well and is really no big deal, well worth the security that we highly value here.

Very easy to go around and comment on posts where you will quickly find many like minded and also proud folks.

Your pics may have gone to the gallery and may be linked here in time.
Sorry, I get the anti spam measures and wouldn't want to be a garbage poster

I posted here decades ago and forgot about the site for a while, I'll keep a closer eye on it this time, as you know, when you are addicted to cycling you need other addicts to validate your life choices...

And its the best choice you can make.
Likes For StuBotNYC:
Old 09-13-20, 11:41 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Quoted: 4501 Post(s)
Liked 6,367 Times in 3,663 Posts
No worries, I get it and saw that you had been here a long time ago, some times you have to start over but you should be good to go tomorrow or the next day.

Yep, heavily invested, we want our 15 seconds of fame now.
Old 09-15-20, 09:35 AM
stardognine
Partially Sane.

Bikes: Soma Saga, pre-disc

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 972 Post(s)
Liked 643 Times in 468 Posts
I’ll watch for pics too. 👍 I’m riding a ‘97 Veloce, that someone bolted a Nitto rack to, lol. 😁 This one has 8-speed Veloce, I imagine yours has 9-speed (?).

I’m just interested in the evolution of this bike model, after reading about the changes to aluminum frames. 🤔
Old 09-15-20, 12:57 PM
ryansu

Bikes: 2009 Handsome Devil, 1987 Trek 520 Cirrus, 1978 Motobecane Grand Touring, 1987 Nishiki Cresta GT, 1989 Specialized Allez Former bikes; 1986 Miyata Trail Runner, 1979 Miyata 912, 2011 VO Rando, 1999 Cannondale R800, 1986 Schwinn Passage

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 796 Post(s)
Liked 522 Times in 367 Posts
If you want to post pics before getting 10 posts you can upload to the Gallery
Old 09-20-20, 07:06 PM
StuBotNYC

Originally Posted by stardognine
I’ll watch for pics too. 👍 I’m riding a ‘97 Veloce, that someone bolted a Nitto rack to, lol. 😁 This one has 8-speed Veloce, I imagine yours has 9-speed (?).

I’m just interested in the evolution of this bike model, after reading about the changes to aluminum frames. 🤔
Yes 9 speed Veloce!
Old 09-20-20, 07:11 PM
StuBotNYC

Originally Posted by stardognine

It's a great bike, makes me want to find more
Old 09-20-20, 07:20 PM
StuBotNYC

Originally Posted by StuBotNYC
Yes 9 speed Veloce!
pics up!