Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Advice for Getting my first bike and testing out bikes

Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Advice for Getting my first bike and testing out bikes

Old 07-29-15, 07:58 AM
  #26  
sw686blue
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 149
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DreamRider85 View Post
I'm not a troll. But does it or does it not take a couple hundred bucks to let them fit me? I can't comprehend what it is I'm asking them to do for me.
Yes, it runs between $150 to $200 for an extensive fit. However, a competent bike shop can easily fit you for free. They will get you in the ballpark. After that, you will need to ride your bike for a couple of weeks and then go back to the bike shop and tell them what doesn't feel right and they will make some minor adjustments.
sw686blue is offline  
Old 07-29-15, 09:04 AM
  #27  
lkngro
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 85
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yeah, I don't know why you guys are getting your panties in a bunch about OP being or not being a troll. S/He seems fine to me.

Now, as for carbon being called "fragile," it is and it isn't. Carbon fiber is one of the strongest materials out there. Far stronger than steel and aluminum. However, when carbon fiber fails, it fails in disastrous ways. Say, for instance, you hit a steel frame with a hammer. Depending on how hard you hit it, it will be in various states of dented, bent, or or possibly broken apart. If you do the same to a carbon frame, it will begin to crack and shatter. Think of it like wood, since both carbon fiber and wood are composite materials. When wood fails, it splinters, cracks, and shatters. Carbon is the same way. So a carbon bike might not be good for a beginner because you might not take proper care of it. A steel frame you can kind of throw around and not worry about it too much because a slightly bent tube a won't be the end of the world. An unattended crack in a carbon frame will eventually result in the whole frame being compromised. There are easy ways to repair cracks in carbon fiber though.

Carbon is a great material for building bikes since it is very lightweight, stiff, and yet offers a very smooth ride. It's also much more expensive. You usually can't get a carbon bike for less than $1500, which is another discouraging factor for beginners.

As for getting the fit right, each person is different. When you test ride bikes, the shop will set you up on a bike that fits you well in a neutral position, just so you can get a general feel of it. If you buy it, you ride if for a few weeks and let everything settle in (gears, cables, etc.). During those few weeks after you buy a bike, the shop (good ones, at least) will do various adjustments on your bike to make sure everything is still good. That usually includes cable tightening, derailleur adjustments, and fit adjustments.

Getting a "pro fit" is kind of something you do after you've been riding a while, know what you want, and want to have a top-notch mechanic fit you in a way that best suits your riding style. You don't even know what your riding style is yet and what's comfortable for you, so a "pro fit" would probably just be a glorified version of the fitting you got when you first hopped on the bike for a test ride. Getting professionally fit has its place, but it might not be worth it for you at this point.
lkngro is offline  
Old 07-29-15, 09:11 AM
  #28  
rms13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: SoCal
Posts: 6,517
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 274 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Imagine how many bikes OP could have test ridden by now if he spent as much effort on that as he has in asking the same questions over and over and then arguing with every bit of good advice he's gotten from best intentioned people here
rms13 is offline  
Old 07-29-15, 01:06 PM
  #29  
JohnJ80
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 4,187

Bikes: N+1=5

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 627 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 44 Posts
Originally Posted by sw686blue View Post
Yes, it runs between $150 to $200 for an extensive fit. However, a competent bike shop can easily fit you for free. They will get you in the ballpark. After that, you will need to ride your bike for a couple of weeks and then go back to the bike shop and tell them what doesn't feel right and they will make some minor adjustments.
They are pretty happy to discuss fit with anyone (at least a good shop is) because it almost always represents an opportunity for some sort of a sale.

Originally Posted by rms13 View Post
Imagine how many bikes OP could have test ridden by now if he spent as much effort on that as he has in asking the same questions over and over and then arguing with every bit of good advice he's gotten from best intentioned people here
Exactly. Going around to all the LBS's and asking them these sorts of questions is what all of them would encourage anyone to do. They love to let people test ride bikes.

J.
JohnJ80 is offline  
Old 07-29-15, 02:37 PM
  #30  
ColaJacket
Senior Member
 
ColaJacket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,892

Bikes: Fuji Sportif 1.3 C - 2014

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lkngro View Post
Yeah, I don't know why you guys are getting your panties in a bunch about OP being or not being a troll. S/He seems fine to me.
The OP has started several threads regarding a new bike. In each one, they ask reasonable questions, at first, and get reasonable answers. Then they devolve into asking silly questions that disregard the reasonable answers. Often, irrationally taking advice from one user or youtube person, and ignoring the vast majority of the replies that are reasonable and agree with each other.

Originally Posted by rms13 View Post
Imagine how many bikes OP could have test ridden by now if he spent as much effort on that as he has in asking the same questions over and over and then arguing with every bit of good advice he's gotten from best intentioned people here
+41

They could have gone to 5 or 10 Trek LBS's and test ridden every bike in their size.

GH
ColaJacket is offline  
Old 07-29-15, 06:18 PM
  #31  
stlcowboyfan
Senior Member
 
stlcowboyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 107

Bikes: 2014 Fuji SST 1.3 Frame set build

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ColaJacket View Post


+41

They could have gone to 5 or 10 Trek LBS's and test ridden every bike in their size.

GH
yep. In the last post that turned into a Trek vs. Fuji war...I gave him first hand info on one of the very Trek models he asked about, as I owned a 1.2 before I built my Fuji. He never even saw it (or maybe just didn't reply) because the post turned into such a clusterf@@@.
stlcowboyfan is offline  
Old 07-29-15, 08:19 PM
  #32  
DreamRider85
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
DreamRider85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 435
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 11 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by rms13 View Post
Imagine how many bikes OP could have test ridden by now if he spent as much effort on that as he has in asking the same questions over and over and then arguing with every bit of good advice he's gotten from best intentioned people here
I am going to go test some hopefully less than a week. I just a couple of concerns though. I don't want them to be like that guy at the shed that said he usually doesn't sell to people over 200 pounds. And the other concern is that I am weak when it comes to getting pressured into sales. I don't know how to go in there ride the bike and what to say afterwards if I'm not ready to buy.
DreamRider85 is offline  
Old 07-29-15, 08:21 PM
  #33  
DreamRider85
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
DreamRider85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 435
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 11 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by stlcowboyfan View Post
yep. In the last post that turned into a Trek vs. Fuji war...I gave him first hand info on one of the very Trek models he asked about, as I owned a 1.2 before I built my Fuji. He never even saw it (or maybe just didn't reply) because the post turned into such a clusterf@@@.
That thread has a lot of posts and it really confused me. You have one guy super duper adamant about the fact that Trek is a better brand and more worth the money while the other Fuji owners disagreed. What brand do you think is better? If you spent the same amount of money. Just give me a straight answer.
DreamRider85 is offline  
Old 07-29-15, 08:35 PM
  #34  
rms13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: SoCal
Posts: 6,517
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 274 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DreamRider85 View Post
I am going to go test some hopefully less than a week. I just a couple of concerns though. I don't want them to be like that guy at the shed that said he usually doesn't sell to people over 200 pounds. And the other concern is that I am weak when it comes to getting pressured into sales. I don't know how to go in there ride the bike and what to say afterwards if I'm not ready to buy.
Are you going to go to an LBS or a shed? Tell them up front that you just started looking and are going to test ride a few different brands over the next week before you decide
rms13 is offline  
Old 07-29-15, 08:46 PM
  #35  
DaveWC
Senior Member
 
DaveWC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,561
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DreamRider85 View Post
What brand do you think is better? If you spent the same amount of money. Just give me a straight answer.
I'm not sure you will ever understand this but there is no correct answer to that. No objectively correct answer. Ask 100 people and you will get a myriad of answers. Most will have personal knowledge of one bike only or neither. Few will have had both brands of bikes at similar price points and will be able to give an objective answer. And no one will be able to tell you which bike is better for you personally. No one can make this decision for you, but you seem desperate to find someone to do this, to the extent that you're willing to take advice of whoever is the most adamant in their argument, whether it be some dude on Youtube or a guy with a grudge. It's time for you to do your own legwork & at least ride some bikes.
DaveWC is offline  
Old 07-29-15, 09:00 PM
  #36  
sw686blue
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 149
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 2 Posts
A guy in a shed??? Wtf?

DaveWC said it best. Ask 100 people and you'll get just as many opinions.

Good luck in your search because there is no way in hell that you are actually being serious.
sw686blue is offline  
Old 07-29-15, 09:47 PM
  #37  
mawashi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 289
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
To the OP I'm not sure how long it takes for you to make a decision but it sounds like paralysis by analysis. You could ask 1000 questions and get 100,000 different replies. A simpler process would be budget > fit > warranty and/or crash replacement program > LBD support. Since, this is the first bike, just get something that can be ridden hard without any worries.

Almost every bike/component will break at some point or another so get something reputable and decent health insurance lol!
mawashi is offline  
Old 07-30-15, 08:37 AM
  #38  
ColaJacket
Senior Member
 
ColaJacket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,892

Bikes: Fuji Sportif 1.3 C - 2014

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveWC View Post
I'm not sure you will ever understand this but there is no correct answer to that. No objectively correct answer. Ask 100 people and you will get a myriad of answers. Most will have personal knowledge of one bike only or neither. Few will have had both brands of bikes at similar price points and will be able to give an objective answer. And no one will be able to tell you which bike is better for you personally. No one can make this decision for you, but you seem desperate to find someone to do this, to the extent that you're willing to take advice of whoever is the most adamant in their argument, whether it be some dude on Youtube or a guy with a grudge. It's time for you to do your own legwork & at least ride some bikes.
Exactly.

When I was looking, I went by several LBS's (or looked at their site online) and picked out several bikes that were in my budget (give or take). I put them, their components, and their price in a spreadsheet. So, I looked closely at specs, so I knew which components were Shimano (and what level) and which were Oval, Sunrace, FSA, Bontager, etc. I figured out which bikes looked like they were the best deals, and categorized them by color (green, yellow, red). I tried to test ride all of the bikes that were in green and yellow. That was about 6-8 bikes at 3-4 LBS's. If the store didn't have the exact bike, as long as they had the frame in the correct size, that was the important thing.

After test riding, I had 3 bikes that felt like they fit properly, and that I would be comfortable buying/riding any of the 3. They were a Fuji, a Trek, and a Specialized. The small Giant felt like it was stretching me out too much. And the only Cannondales that I could test ride were a size too big, and they also felt like they were stretching me out too much (my arms and shoulders were very sore the next day). Yes, I did my test rides over 2 weekends. I bought the Fuji, because I thought it was the best deal of the 3. The ones that felt like they did not fit, were eliminated from the process, because if it doesn't fit, you shouldn't buy it.

Also, by having a list of bikes that you want to test ride at different LBS's, it gives you an excuse if a salesperson starts to apply too much pressure. You can also tell them to back off, or you won't come back, even if the bike is your favorite bike. After you test ride all of them, even if you know which one you want, sleep on it overnight. If you have a significant other or a biking friend that you can talk to, talk to them about the bikes that you like, and why. And which one you think is the best deal. If only one bike fits, then that makes the decision easy. Heck, if you really like one bike, but it is more expensive, show them a similar bike of a different brand, and ask them if they can come a little bit closer to that bike's price. Doesn't hurt to ask, and the more prepared you are, the more likely they are to deal.

All the major brands will have comparable bikes in the $800 - $1200 range. It really depends upon how many speeds you want, and whether discs are a must have, nice to have, don't care, or must not have. They are all going to be of similar quality. If you go online, you can find people that have had issues with each brand, and absolutely would not recommend them to friends, but you'll also find people that love that brand, and wouldn't own anything else. You need to decide for yourself which bikes fits, has the ride you like, has the components you want, and fits in your budget.

Also, don't forget that you'll need accessories when you buy your bike. So make sure your budget has room for these accessories (e.g. Helmet, bike shorts, gloves, pedals, pump(s), tire repair kit, etc.)

GH
ColaJacket is offline  
Old 07-30-15, 08:59 AM
  #39  
bassjones
Senior Member
 
bassjones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 1,690

Bikes: Cannondale CAAD9-4

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Buy the shop, not the bike. By that I mean, most decent sized cities will have two or three (or 10...) bike shops. The different brands are all going to have pretty comparable bikes in the same price range. Buy one from the shop that you want to have a long-term relationship with. Do they actually listen to your needs or are they just trying to sell you a bike? Do they have a fitter on staff? Talk to him/her about the couple of different bikes you're looking at. Do they offer discounts on fitting, helmets, gloves, and other accessories, maybe even a free water bottle or two with their shop logo on it? The shop matters more than the brand. Also, you should check out the Clydesdale forum (riders over 200 lbs). Lots of
us were well over 300 when we started, and some still are. There are some considerations we have that 165 lb roadies don't have to worry about - wheels in particular but at 235, you're probably fine on stock wheels.
bassjones is offline  
Old 07-30-15, 09:52 AM
  #40  
JohnJ80
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 4,187

Bikes: N+1=5

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 627 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 44 Posts
Originally Posted by bassjones View Post
Buy the shop, not the bike. By that I mean, most decent sized cities will have two or three (or 10...) bike shops. The different brands are all going to have pretty comparable bikes in the same price range. Buy one from the shop that you want to have a long-term relationship with. Do they actually listen to your needs or are they just trying to sell you a bike? Do they have a fitter on staff? Talk to him/her about the couple of different bikes you're looking at. Do they offer discounts on fitting, helmets, gloves, and other accessories, maybe even a free water bottle or two with their shop logo on it? The shop matters more than the brand. Also, you should check out the Clydesdale forum (riders over 200 lbs). Lots of
us were well over 300 when we started, and some still are. There are some considerations we have that 165 lb roadies don't have to worry about - wheels in particular but at 235, you're probably fine on stock wheels.

Well said. This is what I tried to say but was not as concise as you.

J.
JohnJ80 is offline  
Old 07-30-15, 01:34 PM
  #41  
DreamRider85
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
DreamRider85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 435
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 11 Times in 4 Posts
I've been going to Summit Bikes for mountain bike repairs. Are they not as good of a deal as Performance Bikes?
DreamRider85 is offline  
Old 07-30-15, 01:39 PM
  #42  
DaveWC
Senior Member
 
DaveWC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,561
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DreamRider85 View Post
I've been going to Summit Bikes for mountain bike repairs. Are they not as good of a deal as Performance Bikes?
Yes, they're perfect. Just as good a deal as PB. We'd know that because we're all neighbors.
DaveWC is offline  
Old 07-30-15, 01:52 PM
  #43  
stlcowboyfan
Senior Member
 
stlcowboyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 107

Bikes: 2014 Fuji SST 1.3 Frame set build

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DreamRider85 View Post
I am going to go test some hopefully less than a week. I just a couple of concerns though. I don't want them to be like that guy at the shed that said he usually doesn't sell to people over 200 pounds. And the other concern is that I am weak when it comes to getting pressured into sales. I don't know how to go in there ride the bike and what to say afterwards if I'm not ready to buy.
Bro, you gotta get over the shed experience. When I bought my Trek 1.2, two years ago, I walked into a Trek store weighing 220. I'm built like an NFL Safety. I rode 4 bikes that day. They didn't even stand outside with me or anything. They just said "see you when you get back", each time. Bike shops want to sell bikes. Guys in sheds...well, I don't know what they want to do. Don't overthink it man. Guys are giving you some great advice in here. You'll do fine.
stlcowboyfan is offline  
Old 07-30-15, 05:42 PM
  #44  
SpikedLemon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 178
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DreamRider85 View Post
I'm not a troll. But does it or does it not take a couple hundred bucks to let them fit me? I can't comprehend what it is I'm asking them to do for me.
A good shop should be able to do a basic sizing. Measure you up and, if they have a sizing bike, to set it up to see how you feel in it. (at least my LBS was willing to do this for me). It is by no means considered a "pro fit" or whatever they call it at your LBS.

I'm over 200lbs (I've not measured myself in quite some time) and also tow a bicycle trailer (two kids) with no issues with my Synapse. It's my first road bike but, now that I've had it a few months, I'm quite happy with it and the fit and the bike has not had any issues due to my own personal mass.
SpikedLemon is offline  
Old 07-30-15, 09:57 PM
  #45  
bassjones
Senior Member
 
bassjones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 1,690

Bikes: Cannondale CAAD9-4

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DreamRider85 View Post
I've been going to Summit Bikes for mountain bike repairs. Are they not as good of a deal as Performance Bikes?
Interestingly, there is a Summit Bike shop in my town and I'd put them ahead of PB. I have no idea if you're in my town, but we don't have a Performance Bike (closest one is probably Indy). I usually like the small independent shops and will spend my money there even if they're a bit more expensive than Performance. The two shops I use in town know me by name and are always very helpful. They usually will talk shop for quite a while unless they're super busy and I wouldn't be the guy wasting their time with small talk when there were other people there looking to buy bikes instead of spare tubes and a couple of Hammer gels for my long Saturday ride.
bassjones is offline  
Old 07-30-15, 10:45 PM
  #46  
DreamRider85
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
DreamRider85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 435
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 11 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SpikedLemon View Post
A good shop should be able to do a basic sizing. Measure you up and, if they have a sizing bike, to set it up to see how you feel in it. (at least my LBS was willing to do this for me). It is by no means considered a "pro fit" or whatever they call it at your LBS.

I'm over 200lbs (I've not measured myself in quite some time) and also tow a bicycle trailer (two kids) with no issues with my Synapse. It's my first road bike but, now that I've had it a few months, I'm quite happy with it and the fit and the bike has not had any issues due to my own personal mass.

What if they only have bikes a certain length? I'm 5 ft 10.5 but have a longer upper body for my height and shorter legs. What would be a good length for me?
DreamRider85 is offline  
Old 07-31-15, 12:08 AM
  #47  
mawashi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 289
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DreamRider85 View Post
What if they only have bikes a certain length? I'm 5 ft 10.5 but have a longer upper body for my height and shorter legs. What would be a good length for me?
Are you kidding me.... It seems like every answer is going to be met by another "what if"...

Unless you have abnormal proportions and need a custom frame, the multitude of aftermarket stems, seatposts, handlebars, spacers, etc etc will fit just about anyone...
mawashi is offline  
Old 07-31-15, 12:14 AM
  #48  
growlerdinky
Johnny the Wad
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Southern California
Posts: 652

Bikes: 1980-82 Colnago Super, 2014 Giant TCR Composite 2, 1999 Bianchi Campione, 1985 Schwinn Super Le Tour

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked 31 Times in 12 Posts
Advice: Go to a bike shop. Ride some bikes.
growlerdinky is offline  
Old 07-31-15, 06:01 AM
  #49  
bassjones
Senior Member
 
bassjones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 1,690

Bikes: Cannondale CAAD9-4

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DreamRider85 View Post
What if they only have bikes a certain length? I'm 5 ft 10.5 but have a longer upper body for my height and shorter legs. What would be a good length for me?
54 or 56. Go ride some. Those are probably the two most common sizes and every shop should have lots of bikes in those sizes. 62/64 which I need can be hard to find, but a 54/56 should be easy. Go test ride a few.
bassjones is offline  
Old 07-31-15, 06:13 PM
  #50  
DreamRider85
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
DreamRider85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 435
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 11 Times in 4 Posts
Alright. I play to go test a few bikes this weekend at the shop. At this point, it's the only thing I can do. I can speculate forever, but I bet it's not the same as actually going and getting a feel. Like u said a bike could be the greatest thing ever on paper, but if it doesn't fit you, you're not going to like it or use it.
DreamRider85 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
johngwheeler
General Cycling Discussion
29
07-02-17 11:55 AM
pat0115
General Cycling Discussion
59
08-23-15 01:17 PM
vinfix
Road Cycling
11
02-23-12 07:01 PM
jddempst
General Cycling Discussion
2
04-21-11 02:40 PM
Seattle Forrest
Commuting
1
08-19-10 02:00 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.