Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Professional Cycling For the Fans
Reload this Page >

Chris Horner - TDF insight.

Notices
Professional Cycling For the Fans Follow the Tour de France,the Giro de Italia, the Spring Classics, or other professional cycling races? Here's your home...

Chris Horner - TDF insight.

Old 07-17-19, 06:17 PM
Doge

Bikes: 1979 Raleigh Team 753

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3374 Post(s)
Liked 371 Times in 253 Posts
Originally Posted by JT Burkard

The more I watch this coverage, the less I'm liking Horner in this roll as announcer. He seems to want to contradict everything and no matter what someone says, he needs to go the other way. I really think Lance would have been a better choice but he's doing his thing with George. And then there the whole banned from Cycling thing.

Opinions on Christian and Chris tension?
My wife says the opposite. She does not like VV.
Old 07-17-19, 07:25 PM
Brocephus
Professional amateur

Bikes: Does a Big Wheel count ?

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Liked 133 Times in 89 Posts
While Horner obviously knows what he's talking about, and surely isn't doing a bad job, to my ear, he exudes this forced intensity that makes him kinda hard to watch and listen to, like he's always in competition to get some (more) speaking time in (which may well be the case, but I shouldn't be getting a sense of that). It's like someone needs to take him aside and tell him to just slow down and relax a little.
Also, his squeaky,cartoon-character voice is a bit tough on the ears. All MHO, worth what you paid for it.
Likes For Brocephus:
Old 07-18-19, 04:26 PM
malkin
Let's ride to the pub!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wolfpack95
Saw the moment too when Lance said Paul by accident and thought they all handled it as well as they could. Definitely seems to still be weighing on them (understandably).
I did not see that as accidental.
Old 07-19-19, 05:21 AM
Brocephus
Professional amateur

Bikes: Does a Big Wheel count ?

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Liked 133 Times in 89 Posts
Day before yesterday, VV and Horner argued whether the first mtn stage would begin the assault on the yellow jersey. Horner said definitely, VV said it wouldn't, and it turns out VV was right.
I didn't watch every minute yesterday (though I watched large sections, 3 different times!) but i don't recall Horner acknowledging VV was right, and he was wrong.
Then yesterday, Horner (concurring with Bob Roll) said that Alaphillippe would keep the yellow jersey after the TT, with VV saying he would likely lose it today to Thomas.
(or do I have those predictions reversed?? I forget now. )
Paul Burmeister seems to enjoy getting them both on record, so I'm real curious to see how today's predictions play out, and if there's any acknowledgment, or if everyone mimics TV weathermen, and they just act like their failed predictions never happened !

Last edited by Brocephus; 07-19-19 at 05:25 AM.