Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals.
Reload this Page >

? Campagnolo Aero Bottles have any value

Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-21, 08:53 AM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2323 Post(s)
Liked 4,983 Times in 1,775 Posts

So just a question on the bottles and cages. I got them with a Softride I picked up recently and have no intention of using them. I know NOS ones get crazy money. Any value in used ones? I got 3 bottles and two cages with the bike. All just user quality with the usual black marks on the bottles from the cages. Heck if it wasn't for the marks I'd probably keep them and just hang them in the bike cave as displays since they are pretty cool to look at.

Obviously I need to clean and polish the cages still but those black marks are pretty stubborn.

These are far from perfect so I don't know if it's worth trying to list them.
Old 03-07-21, 10:34 AM
repechage

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Quoted: 3464 Post(s)
Liked 2,828 Times in 1,995 Posts
Not here.
that huge auction site will buy in
list them individually, offer combined shipping.
I have seen them sell for $25 to $125 each cage and bottle pair.

try one of those white stain erasers that my wife is in love with to clean things.

big range
Old 03-07-21, 10:25 PM
xiaoman1 

Bikes: A few too many

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1364 Post(s)
Liked 2,180 Times in 1,183 Posts
Originally Posted by jamesdak
So just a question on the bottles and cages. I got them with a Softride I picked up recently and have no intention of using them. I know NOS ones get crazy money. Any value in used ones? I got 3 bottles and two cages with the bike. All just user quality with the usual black marks on the bottles from the cages. Heck if it wasn't for the marks I'd probably keep them and just hang them in the bike cave as displays since they are pretty cool to look at.

Obviously I need to clean and polish the cages still but those black marks are pretty stubborn.

These are far from perfect so I don't know if it's worth trying to list them.
James,
There would be interest here but you will most likely get more on the bay.
Ben

Voice recognition may sometimes create odd spelling and grammatical errors

Old 03-08-21, 07:51 AM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Quoted: 2323 Post(s)
Liked 4,983 Times in 1,775 Posts
Originally Posted by xiaoman1
James,
There would be interest here but you will most likely get more on the bay.
Ben
Oh, not trying to really make any money on them. Just want to get them in the hands of someone that can use them. I'll have to clean up those cages some first.
Old 03-09-21, 02:29 PM
SJX426 

Bikes: '65 Frejus TDF, '73 Bottecchia Giro d'Italia, '83 Colnago Superissimo, '84 Trek 610, '84 Trek 760, '88 Pinarello Veneto, '88 De Rosa Pro, '89 Pinarello Montello, '94 Burley Duet, 97 Specialized RockHopper, 2010 Langster, Tern Link D8

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Quoted: 1607 Post(s)
Liked 2,216 Times in 1,103 Posts
I have thought about if I like them or not. Then I think about the plastic they are made of, which I wouldn't drink out of. I don't have wall hanger and no "Aero" bikes so not much real interest.
If I had them, I would be asking the same question!
Old 03-10-21, 07:13 AM
TugaDude

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 586 Post(s)
Liked 612 Times in 447 Posts
I sold a pristine example for $20 bucks many years ago and should probably have asked for more. It sold literally in seconds it seemed. Then after I met the guy I returned home and my computer was loaded with messages from people basically bidding on it, offering more.

But in the end, I was satisfied because it was on a bike that I had bought and I got a smoking deal on the bike so the bottle and holder just came along for the ride.

Even if you don't use it to drink out of, it may be important to folks that just want to enhance the look of a vintage bike.
Old 03-10-21, 07:57 AM
mackgoo

Bikes: 87 Bianchi X4, 95 Bianchi Ti Mega Tube, 06 Alan Carbon Cross X33, Gold plated Columbus AIR Guerciotti, 74 Galmozzi Super Competizione, 52 Bianchi Paris Roubaix.

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked 539 Times in 166 Posts
I'll buy them from you. Email me your ask.