Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Fayetteville AR - Tsa-La-Gi trail

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-18, 10:37 AM
Rootman

Bikes: 2015 Giant Roam 2 Hybrid

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Since there is no South Central regional section I am posting here.

I live about 20 miles north of Fayetteville AR and ride the Razorback Greenway quite often. My wife drops me at Greathouse Park and I ride the full trail up to Lake Bella Vista . I also want to add miles to my ride and was wondering if there are any other Razorback Greenway riders here on the forum. It's hard for me to take the time to scope out the trails extension because of time constraints.

I am specifically wondering if anyone knows if the Tsa-La-Gi trail loop that extends off the Town Branch trail is complete. I can see on the cites map and Google map that indicates there is a gap on the northern part of the loop where it stops at Wilmington Ave and picks up again on Indian Trail st. I don't know if there is an easy way to make it across the gap or not, it looks like busy roads and railroad tracks are in the gap. Maps are oftimes behind what's actually there.

I was also wondering of the offshoot of the Cato Springs trail at Greathouse Park that goes south west looks to go under I-49 and head out along Cato Springs Rd is complete and worth riding? What is it like topographically? Steep hills? deep valleys? Is there some place nearby that we can be dropped off at the far south west end that would be convenient to get on it and head north east? The maps show it just sort of unceremoniously stops along the county road with nothing around it.

Last edited by Rootman; 08-05-18 at 10:41 AM.
Old 08-05-18, 04:47 PM
Rootman

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Well, what we had planned this afternoon fell through, so we drove down there and scoped it out.

The Cato Springs / Town Center extension goes all the way to the Kessler Mountain / Regional park. It has excellent facilities and good parking. Next run up the RBGW I plan on starting there.

I finally found the ends of the Tsa-La-Gi trail and saw that it is not complete. You can however run straight south out of new apartment / condo complex on S. Beechwood Ave and loop around Baum stadium and go up Razorback Rd to the next link in the trail at W Indian Trail just south of Martin Luther King drive and then hook up with the RBGW again.
Old 08-05-18, 06:11 PM
Slick Madone

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1218 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Rootman
Well, what we had planned this afternoon fell through, so we drove down there and scoped it out.

The Cato Springs / Town Center extension goes all the way to the Kessler Mountain / Regional park. It has excellent facilities and good parking. Next run up the RBGW I plan on starting there.

I finally found the ends of the Tsa-La-Gi trail and saw that it is not complete. You can however run straight south out of new apartment / condo complex on S. Beechwood Ave and loop around Baum stadium and go up Razorback Rd to the next link in the trail at W Indian Trail just south of Martin Luther King drive and then hook up with the RBGW again.
I spend some time riding my Harley up there 2-3x year. A good friend lives near Cave Springs, and Tontitown. I have wanted to not only do some road riding up there, but I hear the Mountain Biking up there is pretty exceptional.
Old 08-05-18, 07:04 PM
Rootman

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Yes, at the Regional park there is a large map with amazing trails. There are also a lot of mb trails in Rogers around lake Atalanta as well as in Bentonville along the Razorback Greenway.