Search
Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

Pizza Port 70 revival

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-18, 08:27 PM
iTrek

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Finally ate at Pizza Port...that place is definitely worthy of a ride...Cardiff Crack Pizza is amazing. My wife and I just spent a few days in our Trailer down there. I even got back on my bike for a ride. LOL

Any plans to repeat this after the Holidays?
Old 12-11-18, 01:53 PM
tunavic

Bikes: '12 BMC Road Racer, Pinarello KOBH

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 15 Posts
@iTrek I plan to do a beach ride next week.

I usually start in Riverside and ride to San Clemente (total about 80 miles) where there are several options for food and beer. The return to Riverside is via Metrolink. Let me know if you'd like to join in
Old 12-12-18, 09:29 PM
TrojanHorse
SuperGimp

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 147 Post(s)
Quoted: 1107 Post(s)
Liked 64 Times in 47 Posts
I'M IN! IN IN IN IN IN!

iTrek, we'll probably orchestrate something in the spring. I think next time we should try an alternative route - I realize it's not the standard pizza port version but riding on PCH stinks and riding on I-5 is not for everybody. Really, it's not for anybody but some people are lunatics.

I'm thinking of modifying the route to start at ARTIC, go NORTH on SART and then take Santiago Canyon to the college, then Jamboree and a variety of bike paths down to Laguna and end up at the pizza port in San Clemente instead of Oceanside. We'll discuss in Feb/March I hope.
Old 12-12-18, 10:14 PM
jimincalif

Bikes: '96 Trek 850, '08 Specialized Roubaix Comp, '18 Niner RLT RDO

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 569 Post(s)
Liked 123 Times in 83 Posts
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
I'M IN! IN IN IN IN IN!

I'm thinking of modifying the route to start at ARTIC, go NORTH on SART and then take Santiago Canyon to the college, then Jamboree and a variety of bike paths down to Laguna and end up at the pizza port in San Clemente instead of Oceanside. We'll discuss in Feb/March I hope.
This could work well, I like the concept.
Old 12-12-18, 11:08 PM
jsigone
got the climbing bug

Bikes: one for everything

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 632 Post(s)
Liked 912 Times in 275 Posts
I'M IN! IN IN IN IN IN!

iTrek, we'll probably orchestrate something in the spring. I think next time we should try an alternative route - I realize it's not the standard pizza port version but riding on PCH stinks and riding on I-5 is not for everybody. Really, it's not for anybody but some people are lunatics.

At least you had more than one gear for the 5 freeway

Staying on the North side of Camp Pend does sound good option and changes things up
Rule #10 // It never gets easier, you just go faster.
Old 12-13-18, 12:05 PM
TrojanHorse
SuperGimp

sort of like this: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/14476152

and it's an easy down hill to the train station after eating. The reason for the trip UP SART is that usually I meet up with Vic at gypsum canyon because he's riding from Riverside.

This is sort of one of the routes I use when Vic and I ride to Oceanside (but shortened to just San Clemente). There are some other options that include santiago canyon/live oak/antonio parkway/la pata if we wanted hills.
Old 12-13-18, 08:24 PM
tunavic

Bikes: '12 BMC Road Racer, Pinarello KOBH

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 15 Posts
sort of like this: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/14476152

and it's an easy down hill to the train station after eating. The reason for the trip UP SART is that usually I meet up with Vic at gypsum canyon because he's riding from Riverside.

This is sort of one of the routes I use when Vic and I ride to Oceanside (but shortened to just San Clemente). There are some other options that include santiago canyon/live oak/antonio parkway/la pata if we wanted hills.
The route through Laguna and Dana Point is definitely more scenic and I would do whatever the consensus is but my preference is for Antonio Pkwy and La Pata.
Old 12-14-18, 11:14 AM
TrojanHorse
SuperGimp

Has anybody BEEN to that pizza port? Google street view reveals a small patio, is there space to stash some bikes in there? @DrIsotope - where did you guys pizza last time?
Old 12-14-18, 01:12 PM
DrIsotope
Non omnino gravis

Bikes: Nekobasu, Pandicorn, Lakitu

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Quoted: 4905 Post(s)
Liked 1,731 Times in 958 Posts
Yeah, me and the wife ate there last time out. We just parked our bikes inside the entranceway, I'd say on either side of the walkway there's probably room for 4 bikes? Eight total? The patio is split into two halves, one on each side of the entry. Depending on number we could just SEIZE A WHOLE PATIO
Old 12-14-18, 06:18 PM
TrojanHorse
SuperGimp

Wear your pirate gear!
Old 12-15-18, 12:02 PM
iTrek

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by tunavic
@iTrek I plan to do a beach ride next week.

I usually start in Riverside and ride to San Clemente (total about 80 miles) where there are several options for food and beer. The return to Riverside is via Metrolink. Let me know if you'd like to join in
Tunavic, Thx for offer, wish I could but super busy through December...well at least the part I'm in town. Headed to Oceanside with the trailer to RV park from 12/22-1/3. Riding, grilling, and chilling is the plan.
Old 12-15-18, 12:09 PM
iTrek

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I'M IN! IN IN IN IN IN!

Sounds good! Santiago Canyon/Jamboree is my 'hood so we would probably connect in there.
Old 12-15-18, 09:35 PM
TrojanHorse
SuperGimp

Keep in mind we usually take the train back, so you're riding home from the train station.
Old 12-16-18, 07:21 PM
iTrek

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Keep in mind we usually take the train back, so you're riding home from the train station.
Yes, either that or I'll schedule someone to pick me up.