Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Cassette switch, trainer headache

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-18, 11:15 AM
The next level

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hello,
i could use some help to reduce frustration. I have a 2017 diverge and trying to mount to a trainer. Picked up a cassette to mount to the cyclops hammer. First I noticed that my drop out width doesn't match the bushings. My axle isn't long enough to catch threads. Called cyclops support they said use a longer axle. Ok grabbed one off my mtb. Little apprehensive about spreading frame a bit for that. Next the cassette I grabbed is 11-28 not 11-32. Is this a chain compatibility issue? It isn't as smooth and I can't get to the 28t with the derailer in prior adjustment. Any guidance would be appreciated. I only have one good arm at the moment hence the trainer....
Old 07-24-18, 04:20 PM
The next level

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Well learned alot about putting a diverge on the trainer. With 135mm thru axle obstacles......