Reload this Page >

Granada, Spain. In November.

Notices
Europe Europe

Old 09-08-19, 06:23 PM
datlas 
Should Be More Popular

Bikes: 1986 Alpine (steel road bike), 2009 Ti Habenero, 2013 Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 560 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22570 Post(s)
Liked 8,918 Times in 4,152 Posts

I am an avid road cyclist, and I will be visiting Granada for a few days in LATE November. I know temperatures will be cool, but I am wondering how realistic it would be for me to do some climbs up in the Sierra Nevada. I would love to try, but if there is risk of sub-freezing temps and ice/snow on the road, I don't think I want to take that chance.

Any suggestions or comments from those who have visited the area in late fall?
Old 09-18-19, 01:39 PM
brooklyn6640

Bikes: Tommasini, Caad 7 , Seven, Pinarello

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 10 Posts
Granada

Originally Posted by datlas
I am an avid road cyclist, and I will be visiting Granada for a few days in LATE November. I know temperatures will be cool, but I am wondering how realistic it would be for me to do some climbs up in the Sierra Nevada. I would love to try, but if there is risk of sub-freezing temps and ice/snow on the road, I don't think I want to take that chance.

Any suggestions or comments from those who have visited the area in late fall?
Hi , I live here in Granada , so what do want to know,m you can write in English , French or Spanish, where do you expect to stay ?
Old 09-18-19, 02:34 PM
datlas 
Should Be More Popular

Bikes: 1986 Alpine (steel road bike), 2009 Ti Habenero, 2013 Specialized Roubaix

Originally Posted by brooklyn6640
Hi , I live here in Granada , so what do want to know,m you can write in English , French or Spanish, where do you expect to stay ?
Gracias. Hablo Español pero prefiero Inglés. Queremos dejarnos en Albaicín. Vengo con mi esposa y hija para tres días el Noviembre para la vacación pero espero montar la bici unos horas por las mañana si puedo.

Any suggestions?
Old 09-18-19, 02:47 PM
brooklyn6640

Gracias. Hablo Español pero prefiero Inglés. Queremos dejarnos en Albaicín. Vengo con mi esposa y hija para tres días el Noviembre para la vacación pero espero montar la bici unos horas por las mañana si puedo.

Any suggestions?
Hi El barrio Albacin esta muy complicado con coche. pero esta bien para ir al centro city walking. Do you come with bike or you want to rent,, if you want to rent they are 1 reliable bike shop close to albacin. In november it,s posible to climb pradollano sierra nevada, better in the morning.where do you expect to stay in albacin?
Old 09-18-19, 03:07 PM
datlas 
Should Be More Popular

Hi El barrio Albacin esta muy complicado con coche. pero esta bien para ir al centro city walking. Do you come with bike or you want to rent,, if you want to rent they are 1 reliable bike shop close to albacin. In november it,s posible to climb pradollano sierra nevada, better in the morning.where do you expect to stay in albacin?
We were in Granada 2 years ago and my wife LOVED it. We will stay somewhere near San Nicolas. Since it's a family vacation the plan would be for me to rent a bike for 2 days, go for a ride from our apartment (location not finalized just yet) each morning for 60-100Km and return back to the apartment late morning to be with my wife and daughter for sightseeing etc., so yes would rent a bike I will bring a GPS so I can follow a pre-planned route. I love to climb hills but suspect I won't be able to go all the way up the mountains in Sierra Nevada in late November as I think it will be too cold and/or unsafe at the top.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 09-18-19, 03:25 PM
brooklyn6640

We were in Granada 2 years ago and my wife LOVED it. We will stay somewhere near San Nicolas. Since it's a family vacation the plan would be for me to rent a bike for 2 days, go for a ride from our apartment (location not finalized just yet) each morning for 60-100Km and return back to the apartment late morning to be with my wife and daughter for sightseeing etc., so yes would rent a bike I will bring a GPS so I can follow a pre-planned route. I love to climb hills but suspect I won't be able to go all the way up the mountains in Sierra Nevada in late November as I think it will be too cold and/or unsafe at the top.

It,s possible to climb to pradollano , in november ,but no at the top Veleta at this time.St Nicolas is a good place to see the Alhambra. 1 bikeshop for rent a bike , https://www.bicicletaslaestacion.com/
near to albacin , c/ Molino street.they are others but this shop is good and very close.if you want to climb sierra nevada , you need some gloves and warm jacket for the return , granada is 640m asl and pradollane near 2000 above sea level , but you have plenty of roads with respectable climb., let me know if you want 1 day we ride .where are you from ?
Old 09-18-19, 03:30 PM
datlas 
Should Be More Popular

It,s possible to climb to pradollano , in november ,but no at the top Veleta at this time.St Nicolas is a good place to see the Alhambra. 1 bikeshop for rent a bike , https://www.bicicletaslaestacion.com/
near to albacin , c/ Molino street.they are others but this shop is good and very close.if you want to climb sierra nevada , you need some gloves and warm jacket for the return , granada is 640m asl and pradollane near 2000 above sea level , but you have plenty of roads with respectable climb., let me know if you want 1 day we ride .where are you from ?
Thank you for the info. I am from USA, Pennsylvania. Will be in Granada November 27-29.
Old 09-18-19, 03:32 PM
brooklyn6640

In november the weather sould be good in Granada until 3 or 4 pm, but better if you come with fall or autumn wear.last year I was swiming in Almeria in november with 21 celsius.
Old 09-18-19, 03:34 PM
brooklyn6640

Thank you for the info. I am from USA, Pennsylvania. Will be in Granada November 27-29.
Pittsburgh ??
Old 09-18-19, 03:57 PM
berner

Bikes: Specialized Secteur, old Peugeot

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 663 Post(s)
Liked 496 Times in 299 Posts
Some of those mountains are over 3000 meters. You may be able to climb partway up in relative comfort but as always, mountains make their own weather and can produce snow at any time. I'm jealous.
Old 09-18-19, 04:38 PM
datlas 
Should Be More Popular

Pittsburgh ??
No, más cerca a Philadelphia.