Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Charity Events
Reload this Page >

The Ride for Rwanda

Notices
Charity Events Whether you're looking for riders, sponsors, or volunteers, this is the place to tell the world that cyclists can make a difference.

The Ride for Rwanda

Old 03-30-08, 07:49 PM
gchristian

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The Ride for Rwanda

Hey,

This summer myself and four other riders are cycling from Seattle, WA to New York, NY in order to raise $40,000.00 for Project Rwanda. Project Rwanda creates bike for the country of Rwanda so that they may more easily move their coffee beans thus improving their economy. Project Rwanda was started by Tom Ritchey of Ritchey Bikes.
Right now we have sponsors such as Brooks Saddles, Crankbrothers Components, and Ritchey Bikes. If have any input on the ride or how you may be able to help, please go to our website, therideforrwanda.org. We are riding in the Northern Tier of America and are in need of places to stay. If you fall along our route and willing to house 5 college freshmen, then we will gladly accept the offer. Also if you have any contacts that might help our ride, please let us know.

Sincerely,
Greg
therideforrwanda.org
Old 04-03-08, 12:55 PM
newbeginnings

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Are you guys from Grand Rapids? You might want to touch base with the Sea to Sea tour - https://www.crcna.org/pages/sea_contact.cfm

we are taking a similar route and will be camping at schools all summer.

Good luck!
Old 04-05-08, 01:07 AM
Squall

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gchristian
Hey,

This summer myself and four other riders are cycling from Seattle, WA to New York, NY in order to raise $40,000.00 for Project Rwanda. Project Rwanda creates bike for the country of Rwanda so that they may more easily move their coffee beans thus improving their economy. Project Rwanda was started by Tom Ritchey of Ritchey Bikes.
Right now we have sponsors such as Brooks Saddles, Crankbrothers Components, and Ritchey Bikes. If have any input on the ride or how you may be able to help, please go to our website, therideforrwanda.org. We are riding in the Northern Tier of America and are in need of places to stay. If you fall along our route and willing to house 5 college freshmen, then we will gladly accept the offer. Also if you have any contacts that might help our ride, please let us know.

Sincerely,
Greg
therideforrwanda.org

$40,000?? Thats a lot men.. Goodluc to that... Wish I could help out
Old 04-07-08, 11:38 AM
gchristian

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yeah three of the guys are from Grand Rapids. I'm from Southern California. We intend to not use a tour group in order to save money that we ca donate.
Old 04-08-08, 10:09 AM
newbeginnings

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gchristian
Yeah three of the guys are from Grand Rapids. I'm from Southern California. We intend to not use a tour group in order to save money that we ca donate.
Sea to Sea is not a tour group but a 200-person event to raise money for poverty alleviation. The cost of the tour is being underwritten by corporate sponsors and each of the cyclists will be raising money from their home churches and circles of influence.