Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage > Classic and Vintage Sales
Reload this Page >

WTB - 0 degree quill stem, 110, 26.0

Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Sales Private Sales Only, no online storefronts. All prices must be quoted, we are not an auction site.

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-19, 09:59 PM
plonz 

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 656 Post(s)
Liked 469 Times in 302 Posts

Hello gang, having a hard time finding a quill stem. A couple on eBay are either priced high or one of those awful profile types. Let me know if you’re willing to part with one that fits the bill:

-No rise, 0 degree
-110mm reach center to center
-26.0 bar clamp
-preferably silver but might consider black
-more traditional looking the better, okay with Ritchey or Salsa look as well
-not too concerned with condition
Old 11-13-19, 11:00 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Quoted: 10964 Post(s)
Liked 7,491 Times in 4,189 Posts
Originally Posted by plonz
Hello gang, having a hard time finding a quill stem.
Did you message me about one of my Nitto quill stems a month or two ago? Someone did, I cant remember or find who, and its annoying me. Either way, I have one available.

Nitto DynamicII thats silver, 26.0, 0 degree, and 120mm long. Really low use- it mostly just holds onto some handlebars while hanging from rafters.
These things havent been available for over a year it seems, as ive looked around in that time and the 25.4 is all thats been in stock where I have looked.
$45 shipped

Ive done the math(or really the plugging in of numbers) and a 120mm long 0 degree stem is effectively a 100mm long stem thats -17dgeree and 4cm higher in height.

Here is a zoomed in pic.
Old 11-13-19, 08:40 PM
plonz 

@mstateglfr , wasn’t me messaging you but I appreciate the offer.

I currently have a 120mm stem on the bike and have a 120 Nitto DII identical to yours sitting on the shelf. The 120 is a hair long and a 100 is too short. I try to have all my bikes setup the same and on this particular bike a 110 would do it. I could also go with a long quill, negative-rise, Technomic but I prefer a 0 degree rise over those. Overly picky about my stem configuration I suppose. Thanks for checking.
Old 11-13-19, 10:03 PM
TenGrainBread 

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Quoted: 1136 Post(s)
Liked 650 Times in 336 Posts
Originally Posted by plonz
@mstateglfr , wasn’t me messaging you but I appreciate the offer.

I currently have a 120mm stem on the bike and have a 120 Nitto DII identical to yours sitting on the shelf. The 120 is a hair long and a 100 is too short. I try to have all my bikes setup the same and on this particular bike a 110 would do it. I could also go with a long quill, negative-rise, Technomic but I prefer a 0 degree rise over those. Overly picky about my stem configuration I suppose. Thanks for checking.
The BikeRecyclery website has a silver early 90s Ritchey Force quill stem with your exact requirements. Sorta pricy at $80 though.

NOS Ritchey Force WCS Road Quill Stem: 1" - 110mm x 26mm - Metallic Champagne (take-off) - Bike Recyclery
Old 11-14-19, 06:28 AM
plonz 

Originally Posted by TenGrainBread
The BikeRecyclery website has a silver early 90s Ritchey Force quill stem with your exact requirements. Sorta pricy at $80 though.

NOS Ritchey Force WCS Road Quill Stem: 1" - 110mm x 26mm - Metallic Champagne (take-off) - Bike Recyclery
Well that would certainly fit the bill but an $80 NOS stem would be reserved for one of my more upscale builds. Current application is my all-weather trainer so difinitely not in the budget. Appreciate the heads up.
Old 11-16-19, 01:33 AM
Andy_K 

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 525 Post(s)
Quoted: 3230 Post(s)
Liked 3,868 Times in 1,439 Posts
I’ve got one I’d be happy to send you, but it’s hella ugly. It’s silver, 110mm, 0 degrees. It has a detachable face plate and visible weld seems (original, not a repair). It’s in good condition. It came off a 1999 LeMond Nevada City, and I guess they had forgotten by then that quill stems were supposed to look nice. If you’re interested after I’ve talked it up like this, let me know and I can send you a pic.

Edit: just looked at the “awful profile types” on eBay to see what you meant. This is pretty much a silver version of those.

Last edited by Andy_K; 11-16-19 at 01:37 AM.