Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

700x30c from 28c - Surprising Difference

Search
Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-23, 01:03 PM
alanmcdonley
CyclicalObsessiveCyclist

Bikes: 2015 Specialized Sirrus Elite Carbon Disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Interesting and surprising difference changing from the 700x30c Specialized Espoir Sport Reflect tires that came with my 2015 Sirrus Elite Carbon Disc hybrid bike, to Infinity FlakJacket 700x32c tires.

I often ride on the toward the road side of the gutter, and will switch to the away from the road side of the gutter to avoid screws or water in the bottom of the gutter. I like to practice riding very straight maintaining position half way "up" the side of the gutter.

Today, as I made the switch from "road side" to "away side" of the rain gutter, my bike wanted to pull me out of the gutter away from the road. The new tires pull the front wheel up the incline of the shallow "V" rain gutters, where the prior tires did not.

I'm going to have to retrain my brain to be able to maintain a line on inclined surfaces.
Likes For alanmcdonley: