Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Rim ERD

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-08, 03:45 PM
acorn_user

Bikes: Dawes Kalahari, Puch Prima Super Sport, Graham Weigh 853

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rim ERD

Hi all,

I'm going to build a new pair of wheels for my day-to-day bike this summer. I'm planning on using Deore LX hubs with 32 spoke DRC ST19 rims. I have those parts already, but not the spokes. The rims are 19mm deep. Does that mean that I can use the ERD for any 19mm deep rim to get the right spokes?

https://www.drc.it/speed.htm

Incidentally, what spokes would you recommend? I'm 170 pounds, but the bike does get laden every now and then. The roads round here are pretty nice too. I can get Sapims cheaply if I wait for our next shop order (might be months though).

Thanks,
David
Old 05-11-08, 05:41 PM
sivat
Geek Extraordinaire

Bikes: Bianchi Advantage Fixed Conversion; Specialized Stumpjumper FS Hardtail

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You need to find the actual ERD of the rims. The rim depth doesn't necessarily reflect the ERD. I like the wheelsmith 14/15 butted spokes for all of my builds.

Sintesi Conversion Serotta Track