Go Back  Bike Forums > News & Suggestions > Manufacturer, Retailer, Survey and Consumer Feedback
Reload this Page >

Difficulties getting refund for not delivering - www.sportswearfactory.eu

Manufacturer, Retailer, Survey and Consumer Feedback As a manufacturer or retailer, do you want opinions and feedback on your products or services? Members, do you have an open letter to publish? Here's a place for both sides of the industry to communicate. Also, surveys and Student Data Colllection projects go in here.

Old 07-03-18, 07:59 AM
warm_snowman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Has anyone dealt with this sportswear company in Latvia before?
The owner name is Kevin Van Lancker.

https://www.sportswearfactory.eu
https://www.facebook.com/thesportswearfactory/
https://www.facebook.com/halebrand (also by them)

We have made an order of custom cycling kits with them back in April 2018 and paid a total of 1,117.60 EURO. (attached is the invoice)
However, they are not delivering on time nor do they want to let us cancel our order. Now they are holding on to our money and forcing us to wait and accept the order which we are not comfortable with.

Does anyone know if there is a way for us to get the money back if we are not in Latvia?
This is the first time we have encountered a merchant like this. Would really appreciate any help. Thanks!

Old 07-03-18, 08:04 AM
cb400bill
Administrator

Bikes: Fuji SL 2.1 (carbon fiber), Pinarello Stelvio (steel), Cannondale Synapse (aluminum)

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 1255 Post(s)
Liked 39 Times in 28 Posts
Thread moved from General Cycling Discussion forum to Manufacturer Feedback forum.
Old 07-03-18, 12:48 PM
2_i 

Bikes: Trek 730, Bike Friday NWT, Brompton M6R*2, Trek 830, Trek 720, Dahon HAT060, Dahon HT060,...

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
There is a member here, named Ziemas, who is based in Riga, Latvia, and should be fluent in the language. You can send Ziemas a private message asking for advice. When I had a problem with a supplier from Canada, I identified an office at a provincial government there dealing with consumer complaints. I contacted them and they helped to resolve the issue.
Old 07-04-18, 01:53 AM
warm_snowman

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2_i View Post
There is a member here, named Ziemas, who is based in Riga, Latvia, and should be fluent in the language. You can send Ziemas a private message asking for advice. When I had a problem with a supplier from Canada, I identified an office at a provincial government there dealing with consumer complaints. I contacted them and they helped to resolve the issue.
Thanks a lot. I will give it a try.
Old 07-10-18, 08:28 AM
warm_snowman

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Someone has shared with me in email that they also got ripped off by this Kevin. And Kevin was in the news for scams before.

News link:
https://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20160208_02116584

Account shared by others:
Hello,

we have read your complaint about the sportswearfactory.eu (Mister Kevin Van Lancker). We were wondering if you ever received your clothing, unfortunately we have been ripped off by him for 64.000€, for 2 years he paid correctly to gain trust, then he started to ask for payment after delivery 15.000€, became 20.000€ then he paid some and so after a period of 8 months he managed to have a debt of 64.000€ with us and then fled to Latvia, his first company was Orana Dynamics here in Belgium, after that it became Orana Produced Sia, after that The Sportswear Factory and I see its now Sportswear of Tomorrow Sia. He regularly chances the company name to avoid legal prosecution, but after a tip from someone in Latvia, even there he made victims, we could inform the Belgian Federal Police he would be here on the 6th of July, they arrested him on 7th of July at his parental house, the day before his wedding. Unfortunately his parents could bail him out after paying 34.000€ to the State, he appeals against the court's decision. So there will be another trial, if his is absent this time he will be arrested again. Now of course he thinks he is the smarter one.. until we meet in court. I am trying to get as much information as possible against this crook. This person made victims all over the world, hopefully now Interpol will be after him.

Personally I think he produces not very much, I informed some time ago all the Italian, Belgian, Dutch, French, German and Swiss suppliers to beware of this person. So hardly no one here will deliver him materials unless he pays upfront.

Kind regards
PS. He doesn't work for big companies, this is just a smokescreen.

Please avoid

Old 07-10-18, 07:22 PM
2_i 

Bikes: Trek 730, Bike Friday NWT, Brompton M6R*2, Trek 830, Trek 720, Dahon HAT060, Dahon HT060,...

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Sorry about your situation. I tend to gather information about a potential supplier before placing any large or even medium order. This does not eliminate chances of being burnt but reduces them to a level that one can live with. I would still persist in filing complaints wherever you manage even as a social service.