Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Wahoo App problems

Old 06-11-19, 03:09 PM
dynawolf

Bikes: Spec Roubaix, Trek Superfly

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wahoo App problems

I have been a big fan of Wahoo fitness and used their products and applications for years.

They recently upgraded/ revised the iPhone app and now I no longer get speed readings. My iPhone displays an "N/A" for speed but shows distance, so I know the sensor is functioning.

I submitted a ticket and it has been a couple of weeks. They have asked for logs, but no solution.

Is this happening to anyone else?
Old 06-11-19, 03:16 PM
ksryder

Bikes: yes

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 742 Post(s)
Liked 85 Times in 49 Posts
I've heard some grumblings r e d d i t about problems with the latest app and/or firmware updates but I haven't had any problems, but I have an Android.

Well, I take that back -- my HRM wouldn't sync the other day. But then later it worked just fine. That's happened before, maybe once or twice in two years. If it happens again I'll contact support.
Old 06-11-19, 06:05 PM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 157 Post(s)
Quoted: 2776 Post(s)
Liked 144 Times in 118 Posts
Yup, lots of complaints since the recent update, which was a downgrade in reliability. Wahoo Fitness used to be the most reliable activity app I used. Now it's too glitchy. I have to run Strava simultaneously, hoping to get one complete log.

It's worse when I use my Wahoo Tickr. If I switch from my Android to iPhone -- because now they won't share the same Tickr -- it takes about five minutes to reset all the preferences.

Check to be sure GPS is enabled. Lately when I re-open Wahoo Fitness on either phone, especially the iPhone, the GPS defaults back to "off". That prevents tracking speed and distance.

If I try to set GPS and Bluetooth on to be sure the Tickr works, the app may run for awhile, then it'll crash and lose the entire log. It's worst on the iPhone.

So for now I'm having to carry both the Android and iPhone to be sure I get one good log, and usually set the iPhone to record Tickr only, and the Android phone to record a regular Strava log. PITA.
Old 06-22-19, 03:50 PM
RGMN

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
I accidentally updated the Wahoo Fitness app on my iphone. Since that time I've lost over half the workouts I've attempted to use it for. Just today I used it and my RFLKT+ showed that I rode 36 miles. The phone showed I never started that workout.

Funny thing, I was thinking of upgrading the RFLKT+ to a ELEMNT Mini, but them screwing up this app changed that. My Garmin 130 should be here next week.