Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fitting Your Bike
Reload this Page >

Specialized Power setup/saddle questions

Fitting Your Bike Are you confused about how you should fit a bike to your particular body dimensions? Have you been reading, found the terms Merxx or French Fit, and don’t know what you need? Every style of riding is different- in how you fit the bike to you, and the sizing of the bike itself. It’s more than just measuring your height, reach and inseam. With the help of Bike Fitting, you’ll be able to find the right fit for your frame size, style of riding, and your particular dimensions. Here ya’ go…..the location for everything fit related.

Old 02-11-19, 01:53 PM
Graupel731

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Howdy,

I purchased a Power saddle and I’m still trying to get an optimal setup. For background, I am a “larger” rider with a sit bone measured about 135 mm so I was suggested to get a 155 mm saddle given my less aggressive position and my current flexibility.

For the Power, what kind of inclination or angle should it be positioned? Here’s a [pic with two lines, should the red or center be level or the green/full saddle be level?](https://imgur.com/a/8pWIJqD)

I find myself also somewhat high on it at times. Is that normal? [I would assume you would want your sit bones at the widest part though](https://imgur.com/a/okvCZ3j)

Lastly, I do get some discomfort on the periphery of my bottom when riding but I’m not sure if that would be fixed by either the larger version of the Power, or the Power Arc?? [image for reference](https://imgur.com/a/k9otGZ9)

I have completed about 160 virtual miles/12 hrs on the Power saddle so far FWIW.

Thanks!
Old 02-12-19, 12:29 PM
flan48

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi Graupel,
It's always best to start with the "black" line leveled from front to back of the saddle. You can always make minute adjustments after that.
Best regards

Last edited by flan48; 02-12-19 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Mis-spelling
Old 02-12-19, 03:23 PM
redlude97

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 1664 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 19 Posts
With the power, I always had the tail slightly up, so more level where the red is, with just a hair nose up. I gave up on the saddle and went back to my antares however. I found the sharp edge of the perimeter and the pointed nature of the wide part of the saddle was uncomfortable. Based on your pic on the seat it would see like you are hanging a bit too far off the back, so you may need to move the setback further back so you are sitting on the wide part more
Old 02-13-19, 03:25 PM
Kedosto
Ambulophobic

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)
Liked 83 Times in 55 Posts
As stated above, the black line is generally where you'll want it level. Using the same black line as reference, my saddle is comfortable with about a 3 degree "nose up" position from level. My sit bones hit on the green marks you indicated, but I do tend to move around on the saddle depending on effort and terrain. At the risk of stating the obvious, be sure the floor the bike is sitting on is level when working with fluid levels at the seat.

-Kedosto
Old 02-17-19, 09:50 PM
Sojodave

Bikes: Fezzari Fore CR3 Di2

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
I had a Power Expert 155 and I had a professional fit at a Specialized Dealer. The fitter said that the first 2/3rd of the saddle should be level and that allows for the back to be pushed against. I also found that on a trainer, the Power saddle wasn't as comfortable as it is riding outdoors. But then again, what saddle is...
Old 02-20-19, 06:22 PM
surak

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, Giant Contend SL Disc 2, Priority Continuum Onyx, Santana Vision, Kent Dual-Drive Tandem, Priority Classic

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 7 Posts
I just had a Retul fit and switched from a Fizik Antares to the Power Expert. Two rides in and it's been a marked improvement, though my sit bones are still getting used to being supported. The rest of my backside feels so much better though.

One thing I wonder though is whether the Power is right for you, OP. My understanding is that it was designed for more aggressive riders. It might not provide the right amount of support if you have more weight on the saddle.