Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Living Car Free
Reload this Page >

The End is Nigh

Living Car Free Do you live car free or car light? Do you prefer to use alternative transportation (bicycles, walking, other human-powered or public transportation) for everyday activities whenever possible? Discuss your lifestyle here.

The End is Nigh

Old 06-09-19, 12:49 PM
base2 

Bikes: N+1

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 509 Post(s)
Liked 65 Times in 45 Posts
Originally Posted by CliffordK View Post
Man, your world must be completely upside-down!!!
"Dad"?
Oops! A mis-type if ever there was one!

Yeah, it's right side up on Flickr & my phone. BF won't render it like everywhere else.

What 15 year-old wouldn't want an e-bike? It might be cool to get her one as a cool gift regardless of timing with the new program or not. It'd probably save her Mom a bunch of obligation as well.

I think if it were me, the e-bike option is what I'd do.
Old 06-11-19, 06:57 AM
cooker
Prefers Cicero

Bikes: 1984 Trek 520; 2007 Bike Friday NWT; misc others

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3517 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by CliffordK View Post
Nothing is confirmed yet. She got her application in late and may not go to the Youth Corps. But, an opening could come up.

And, yes, Mom would likely be driving her most of the time. But there could be days when that isn't possible or practical, so one must be prepared for the inevitable.
Even more reason not to go to the trouble and expense of getting a car on the road if it will only be used occasionally for 5 weeks.

Sounds like you are doing it for other reasons and the niece's visit is just a prompt to get you working on stuff you had been intending to do anyway.

Last edited by cooker; 06-11-19 at 07:04 AM.
Old 06-20-19, 08:08 PM
Rollfast
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1544 Post(s)
Liked 52 Times in 48 Posts
Originally Posted by base2 View Post
Oops! A mis-type if ever there was one!

Yeah, it's right side up on Flickr & my phone. BF won't render it like everywhere else.

What 15 year-old wouldn't want an e-bike? It might be cool to get her one as a cool gift regardless of timing with the new program or not. It'd probably save her Mom a bunch of obligation as well.

I think if it were me, the e-bike option is what I'd do.
Don't look at me, I had a bike and wanted a girlfriend and mag wheels on a bad car. My dad had a '70 Ford pickup with a 302 automatic, non-towing package and spoker wheels or whatever you call the standard rims with triangles pressed out to look like big spokes and striping around the edge. Two tone, the top was dark blue like Ford engine blue and some native American style woven blanket for a bench seat cover.

My dad drove awesome crap.

Of course by the time I was 15 he drove a 1978 Chevy C-10, plain Jane, inline six, got the jobs done.

Marcia Brady rode a ROLLFAST!
Old 06-20-19, 08:26 PM
Rollfast
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1544 Post(s)
Liked 52 Times in 48 Posts

Marcia Brady rode a ROLLFAST!
Likes For Rollfast: