Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

eBay / CraigsList finds - "Are you looking for one of these!?" Part II

Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

eBay / CraigsList finds - "Are you looking for one of these!?" Part II

Old 06-18-19, 08:16 PM
  #51151  
jeirvine 
Senior Member
 
jeirvine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bethesda/Baltimore MD
Posts: 3,181

Bikes: '72 Moto Grand Record, '72 Gitane tandem, '72 Raleigh Super Course, '73 Raleigh Gran Sport, '73 and '76 Colnagos Super, '76 Fiorelli Coppi, '78 Raleigh SBDU Team Pro, '78 Trek 930, '81 Holdsworth Special 650B, '86 Masi GC, '87 Panasonic DX5000

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 423 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 14 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by madpogue View Post
Lamonde? Groupo?
He was sponsored by Mavis after all.
__________________
The man who dies with the most toys…is dead. - Rootboy
jeirvine is offline  
Old 06-18-19, 09:46 PM
  #51152  
curbtender
Senior Member
 
curbtender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SF Bay Area, East bay
Posts: 5,425

Bikes: Marinoni, Kestral 200 2002 Trek 5200, KHS Flite, Koga Miyata, Schwinn Spitfire 5, Schwinn Speedster, Mondia Special, Univega Alpina, Miyata team Ti, MB3

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 499 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 11 Posts
It's all a Shamano.
curbtender is offline  
Old 06-19-19, 05:48 AM
  #51153  
Rocket-Sauce 
Port
 
Rocket-Sauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Boston
Posts: 7,326

Bikes: 2017 Soma Stanyan, 1990 Fuji Ace, 1990 Bridgestone RB-1, 1995 Independent Fabrications Track, 2003 Calfee Dragonfly Pro

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 357 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 18 Posts
https://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/bi...915373859.html

italian columbus steel masi road frame - $475 (framingham)



i have a nice masi columbus italian steel road frame !!!! the size is 53cm !!!! comes with a nice campagnolo headset and comes with a bottom bracket !!!! excellent paint and crome !!!! 508 498 0321
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
Rocket-Sauce is offline  
Likes For Rocket-Sauce:
Old 06-19-19, 05:54 AM
  #51154  
Rocket-Sauce 
Port
 
Rocket-Sauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Boston
Posts: 7,326

Bikes: 2017 Soma Stanyan, 1990 Fuji Ace, 1990 Bridgestone RB-1, 1995 Independent Fabrications Track, 2003 Calfee Dragonfly Pro

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 357 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 18 Posts
I kinda want a bike with S&S couplers or Ritchey Breakaway....

https://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/bi...915130508.html

Bilenky Cycle Works Tourlite 56 cm with S&S Couplers for traveling - $1500 (Waltham)



I have a 56 cm Bilenky Cycle Works signature series steel Tourlite bike with S&S couplers and a Bilenky fork for sale. I am the second owner of this bike, which has been ridden sparingly since I purchased it. I upgraded many components on the bike, including Paul Components Neo-Retro/Touring canti brakes with Kool-Stop salmon brake pads, a new Chris King threadless headset and Continental Gatorskin 32 mm folding tires.

If you're not familiar with S&S couplers, here are a couple of links with more info:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicycle_Torque_Coupling

Folding Travel Bikes using S and S Machine Bicycle Torque Couplings™


The top tube measures roughly 56 cm center-to-center, as does the seat tube. The chainstay length is approximately 42.5 cm, and the standover height near the saddle is about 82 cm (~32 1/4 inches). It has rear rack eyelets, and front/rear fender mounts and eyelets on the fork and rear dropouts.

The bike has a Shimano Ultegra triple drivetrain (shifters/derailleurs/crankset), with a 105 11-27 10-speed cassette. The wheelset is Mavic Open Pro 32h rims laced to Shimano Ultegra hubs. It has a Thomson Elite seatpost with a Fizik Aliante saddle. The handlebars are Deda Piega 6061 T6 26.0 mm, with a Dimension adjustable stem. It has matching Velocity bottle cages (2) and a Specialized computer.

This bike includes a S&S coupler wrench, but does *NOT* include a suitcase for traveling with the frame.

A comparable new bike with this level groupset would likely run you over $5000 new, but you can get this one in excellent condition for less than a third of that price - I'm asking $1500.

The bike is in great shape. The only blemishes that I could find are a couple of surface scuffs on the top tube, and a small area underneath the top tube where the cable has rubbed away some of the paint (see photo). This would be an easy sand and touch up, but I haven't felt the need and it hasn't gotten worse since I've owned the bike. It's on the bottom of the top tube, and can't be seen unless you look for it.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or want more measurements. I'm only selling the bike because I'm just not riding it, and it deserves to be packed and traveled with by someone else.

I'm in Burlington, VT - but regularly visit family in Waltham every month or two, and can bring the bike with me if you're interested. Cash only and no trades, please. Thanks for looking!
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
Rocket-Sauce is offline  
Old 06-19-19, 05:57 AM
  #51155  
jdawginsc
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Goose Creek, SC
Posts: 138

Bikes: '87 Crestdale, '87 Basso Gap, ?Rossin Performance EL

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by thumpism View Post
That looks like a Flickstand. A tire saver for the front would be unlikely to be mounted on the downtube.
Definitely a flickstand. Several friends and I had those guys to lean their bikes. Great for touring bikes!
jdawginsc is online now  
Old 06-19-19, 06:00 AM
  #51156  
Rocket-Sauce 
Port
 
Rocket-Sauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Boston
Posts: 7,326

Bikes: 2017 Soma Stanyan, 1990 Fuji Ace, 1990 Bridgestone RB-1, 1995 Independent Fabrications Track, 2003 Calfee Dragonfly Pro

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 357 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 18 Posts
https://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/bi...902149582.html

Hand Made MB Dromfield Bike With Campy Parts - $975 (Inman Sq)






Hand Made MB Dromfield Bike (made in UK). Frame is 22 inch with shot in rear stays and was originally made for time trailing. Its finished in a metallic red and in great shape with just a few chips. I've converted it to a cruiser setup which makes it a superlight and fast. Rear derailleur is Campy as are the crank, wheels and seatpost. The whole effect is stylish, rare, superlight citybike for someone 5ft 8 to 5ft 11 - $975

Ian
617 642 8267
Rocket-Sauce is offline  
Old 06-19-19, 08:08 AM
  #51157  
krazikev
Junior Member
 
krazikev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Great deal
krazikev is offline  
Old 06-19-19, 05:44 PM
  #51158  
sdn40
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Green Bay, WI
Posts: 447

Bikes: 88 Cannondale Criterium

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 26 Times in 19 Posts
https://appleton.craigslist.org/bik/...915889856.html

$75

Need this like I need a hole in the head. Gonna wait it out
sdn40 is offline  
Old 06-19-19, 11:19 PM
  #51159  
merziac
Senior Member
 
merziac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: PDX
Posts: 4,013

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton, Bornstein, Paisley, Paramounts, 3rensho, Moto TC, Raleigh Pro's, Marinoni, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC and more

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked 49 Times in 38 Posts
And its gone, at least the ad is.
merziac is offline  
Old 06-20-19, 01:32 AM
  #51160  
RiddleOfSteel
Lugged, Dura-Ace Glory
 
RiddleOfSteel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2,517

Bikes: '87 Schwinn Prologue - '74 Schwinn Paramount P15 - '8X Davidson Impulse - '88 Land Shark Road Shark - '92 Specialized Epic Carbon - '15 Cannondale CAAD10 Disc - '81 Trek 710 - '92? Bushnell Track Bike

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 796 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 27 Times in 23 Posts
Originally Posted by sdn40 View Post
https://appleton.craigslist.org/bik/...915889856.html

$75

Need this like I need a hole in the head. Gonna wait it out
That is a monster 27" (an actual size Cannondale offered on their tourers) 1988 ST400. Very cool! Also very long top tube.
RiddleOfSteel is offline  
Old 06-20-19, 01:44 AM
  #51161  
sdn40
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Green Bay, WI
Posts: 447

Bikes: 88 Cannondale Criterium

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 26 Times in 19 Posts
Originally Posted by RiddleOfSteel View Post
That is a monster 27" (an actual size Cannondale offered on their tourers) 1988 ST400. Very cool! Also very long top tube.
I already have the twin frame in white with red lettering sitting in the basement awaiting inspiration. I was going to do some white racks and make a stormtrooper tourer but cooled on that idea. The paint and decals are 9.5/10.

I want to strip this black one and see how well I can touch it up and polish - but geez. Plus the tall bikes area dead end and I'm not getting any younger. I told him to call me if it doesn't sell and I'd give him $50. I suck.

Don't even start with the ebony and ivory thing

Last edited by sdn40; 06-20-19 at 02:13 AM.
sdn40 is offline  
Likes For sdn40:
Old 06-20-19, 09:32 AM
  #51162  
due ruote 
Senior Member
 
due ruote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,688
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 489 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Two Raleigh’s from same seller:

1980 Royal - sold only in England according to seller.
https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/b...909223226.html


1957 Lenton Grand Prix in great condition.

https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/b...909213353.html


Last edited by due ruote; 06-20-19 at 09:42 AM.
due ruote is offline  
Old 06-20-19, 10:22 AM
  #51163  
Rocket-Sauce 
Port
 
Rocket-Sauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Boston
Posts: 7,326

Bikes: 2017 Soma Stanyan, 1990 Fuji Ace, 1990 Bridgestone RB-1, 1995 Independent Fabrications Track, 2003 Calfee Dragonfly Pro

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 357 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 18 Posts
https://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/bo...916334406.html

Masi 3v Vintage 1984 - $3000 (Palmer, MA)



Masi 3v 1st version made in Italy. 1984. 58cm c-top measure. All original and in about mint condition. Original owner only ridden first summer then put away...Really! Bearings, cones, cups, cogs and chainrings show almost no signs of use. Campagnolo Super Record with C-Record headset and post.

Ignore the tag..Yes it is for sale and still available.
Price $3000
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
Rocket-Sauce is offline  
Old 06-20-19, 10:29 AM
  #51164  
Johnnybikes
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 44

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix Elite, Flandria, Pinarello Montello Cromonero, schwinn world sport

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
https://lansing.craigslist.org/bik/d...915866026.html
Johnnybikes is offline  
Old 06-20-19, 10:30 AM
  #51165  
Rocket-Sauce 
Port
 
Rocket-Sauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Boston
Posts: 7,326

Bikes: 2017 Soma Stanyan, 1990 Fuji Ace, 1990 Bridgestone RB-1, 1995 Independent Fabrications Track, 2003 Calfee Dragonfly Pro

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 357 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 18 Posts
https://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/bi...913708163.html

1995 de rosa giro d'italia - $800 (brighton)




this is a 1995 de rosa giro d'italia in a size 55cm. it was handbuilt in italy using top of the line columbus ELOS steel tubes. it has the original complete campagnolo chorus groupset. this bike has been on the road and has minor scuffs and could use some new cables and a clean, but in overall great condition, especially given its age. it's been my amazing nicer road bike for a few years, but i have to move and regrettably can't take it with me.
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
Rocket-Sauce is offline  
Old 06-20-19, 11:33 AM
  #51166  
RiddleOfSteel
Lugged, Dura-Ace Glory
 
RiddleOfSteel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2,517

Bikes: '87 Schwinn Prologue - '74 Schwinn Paramount P15 - '8X Davidson Impulse - '88 Land Shark Road Shark - '92 Specialized Epic Carbon - '15 Cannondale CAAD10 Disc - '81 Trek 710 - '92? Bushnell Track Bike

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 796 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 27 Times in 23 Posts
Originally Posted by sdn40 View Post
I already have the twin frame in white with red lettering sitting in the basement awaiting inspiration. I was going to do some white racks and make a stormtrooper tourer but cooled on that idea. The paint and decals are 9.5/10.

I want to strip this black one and see how well I can touch it up and polish - but geez. Plus the tall bikes area dead end and I'm not getting any younger. I told him to call me if it doesn't sell and I'd give him $50. I suck.

Don't even start with the ebony and ivory thing
I just ran some geometry calcs through a CAD program and given the 72° HT + 2" of ST length/height increase, the top tube is effectively lengthened only 1.1cm. And at an effective 60.1cm, I can ride that. Straddling the bike would be..interesting. I may be high-centering a touch, so the bike would be super French fitting.

Guess who needs another tourer like a hole in the head, but is now looking to find 27" ST's???

$50 for that bike...just, don't want to think about how incredible a deal that is! Black touch-up paint will work extremely well on that.

I know exactly how I would 'stormtrooper' build that white ST of yours. I even have all the parts!

I need to stop going down this mental path..........
RiddleOfSteel is offline  
Old 06-20-19, 11:58 AM
  #51167  
merziac
Senior Member
 
merziac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: PDX
Posts: 4,013

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton, Bornstein, Paisley, Paramounts, 3rensho, Moto TC, Raleigh Pro's, Marinoni, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC and more

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked 49 Times in 38 Posts
Run, don't walk.
merziac is offline  
Old 06-20-19, 12:54 PM
  #51168  
sdn40
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Green Bay, WI
Posts: 447

Bikes: 88 Cannondale Criterium

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 26 Times in 19 Posts
Originally Posted by RiddleOfSteel View Post
I just ran some geometry calcs through a CAD program and given the 72° HT + 2" of ST length/height increase, the top tube is effectively lengthened only 1.1cm. And at an effective 60.1cm, I can ride that. Straddling the bike would be..interesting. I may be high-centering a touch, so the bike would be super French fitting.

Guess who needs another tourer like a hole in the head, but is now looking to find 27" ST's???

$50 for that bike...just, don't want to think about how incredible a deal that is! Black touch-up paint will work extremely well on that.

I know exactly how I would 'stormtrooper' build that white ST of yours. I even have all the parts!

I need to stop going down this mental path..........
For your reference, the bike I have is 27" from center of bottom bracket to TOP of top tube. The top tube is 24" from center of head tube to center of seat tube.

Well they say that you should ride the biggest tourer possible - whoever they are. I guess the concept there is less stop and go, so standover complications aren't as relevant ? Blackburn racks are a dime a dozen around here so I have a few. I've also been meaning to pick this up for $10, just because my idea continues to percolate.

I've had the idea of painting front and rear racks to match a bike for a while now. Obviously black or white bike are the only ones that I would ever attempt. My idea was that the racks would look like they were built as part of the frame. A white skeletal structure then offset with the obvious black. It works in my head - but always the danger that it may look corny. Initial tests with the rear rack had me wanting to lengthen the rack legs (tall frame) to get the look I wanted - and that curtailed my idea. Other projects and life have gotten in the way since. I even wondered about a pvc tube tool carrier to mount on the bottom water bottle bracket to act as a mud flap as well.

Would also have to decide on shifters since it's 73 feet from top tube to shifter mount and I'm just getting too old for that nonsense. As I said in another thread, I'm currently wanting to do an A050 type shifter - gasp - and a touring bike would be the perfect specimen. I guess I'm one of the few that thinks the A050 was a great idea. Just don't know if the quality is up to snuff. I also just recently picked up 105 brifters and Utegra brifters ($40 each from the same seller) and an entire, and I mean entire, right down to the chain and cassette Tiagra 10 speed groupset off of a Trek Emonda - wheels and tires included for $125. Dude had money and went with Sram Red electronic. It's even the same crankset that I spoke of in the Schwinn thread that I have fallen for (white and lime Paramount gets the credit). The Mad Max of cranksets. (needs different crank arms though to match IMO). I need to find more time to build as I've definitely fallen down the rabbit hole of buying. Grrrrr.

I'll let you know if the black frame falls into my lap. Maybe there's a deal to be made in the mess of stuff I have. Still haven't touched the 434 yet either.
Anyway, sorry about the rambling.

Last edited by sdn40; 06-20-19 at 02:12 PM.
sdn40 is offline  
Old 06-20-19, 02:28 PM
  #51169  
sdn40
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Green Bay, WI
Posts: 447

Bikes: 88 Cannondale Criterium

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 26 Times in 19 Posts
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...4490246759166/

sdn40 is offline  
Old 06-20-19, 03:04 PM
  #51170  
RiddleOfSteel
Lugged, Dura-Ace Glory
 
RiddleOfSteel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2,517

Bikes: '87 Schwinn Prologue - '74 Schwinn Paramount P15 - '8X Davidson Impulse - '88 Land Shark Road Shark - '92 Specialized Epic Carbon - '15 Cannondale CAAD10 Disc - '81 Trek 710 - '92? Bushnell Track Bike

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 796 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 27 Times in 23 Posts
Originally Posted by sdn40 View Post
For your reference, the bike I have is 27" from center of bottom bracket to TOP of top tube. The top tube is 24" from center of head tube to center of seat tube.

Well they say that you should ride the biggest tourer possible - whoever they are. I guess the concept there is less stop and go, so standover complications aren't as relevant ? Blackburn racks are a dime a dozen around here so I have a few. I've also been meaning to pick this up for $10, just because my idea continues to percolate.

I've had the idea of painting front and rear racks to match a bike for a while now. Obviously black or white bike are the only ones that I would ever attempt. My idea was that the racks would look like they were built as part of the frame. A white skeletal structure then offset with the obvious black. It works in my head - but always the danger that it may look corny. Initial tests with the rear rack had me wanting to lengthen the rack legs (tall frame) to get the look I wanted - and that curtailed my idea. Other projects and life have gotten in the way since. I even wondered about a pvc tube tool carrier to mount on the bottom water bottle bracket to act as a mud flap as well.

Would also have to decide on shifters since it's 73 feet from top tube to shifter mount and I'm just getting too old for that nonsense. As I said in another thread, I'm currently wanting to do an A050 type shifter - gasp - and a touring bike would be the perfect specimen. I guess I'm one of the few that thinks the A050 was a great idea. Just don't know if the quality is up to snuff. I also just recently picked up 105 brifters and Utegra brifters ($40 each from the same seller) and an entire, and I mean entire, right down to the chain and cassette Tiagra 10 speed groupset off of a Trek Emonda - wheels and tires included for $125. Dude had money and went with Sram Red electronic. It's even the same crankset that I spoke of in the Schwinn thread that I have fallen for (white and lime Paramount gets the credit). The Mad Max of cranksets. (needs different crank arms though to match IMO). I need to find more time to build as I've definitely fallen down the rabbit hole of buying. Grrrrr.

I'll let you know if the black frame falls into my lap. Maybe there's a deal to be made in the mess of stuff I have. Still haven't touched the 434 yet either.
Anyway, sorry about the rambling.
Those cranksets look great and can be had in double and triple format, all the way up to Ultegra, which I presently own.

Bar-end shifters from Shimano (of the indexing variety) are top notch and work well. The fact that you can brake with the left hand (activating the stronger/more effective of the two brakes) while down shifting with the right hand while also still gripping the bar when slowing to a stop means complete stability in that scenario. And obviously as you've said, STI levers would work great, which many of us will concur with. You got some very good components for a super deal. They should serve you well on whatever bike you put them on.

My CAD work is below. You can see how even though the TT is longer (61.6cm for the 27" vs 59.0cm for the 25"), the increased forward reach of the top tube is just 1.1cm. Other measurements and that big circle indicate set saddle and bar positions that I build my bikes to.

RiddleOfSteel is offline  
Old 06-20-19, 03:14 PM
  #51171  
sdn40
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Green Bay, WI
Posts: 447

Bikes: 88 Cannondale Criterium

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 26 Times in 19 Posts
Originally Posted by RiddleOfSteel View Post
Those cranksets look great and can be had in double and triple format, all the way up to Ultegra, which I presently own.

Bar-end shifters from Shimano (of the indexing variety) are top notch and work well. The fact that you can brake with the left hand (activating the stronger/more effective of the two brakes) while down shifting with the right hand while also still gripping the bar when slowing to a stop means complete stability in that scenario. And obviously as you've said, STI levers would work great, which many of us will concur with. You got some very good components for a super deal. They should serve you well on whatever bike you put them on.

My CAD work is below. You can see how even though the TT is longer (61.6cm for the 27" vs 59.0cm for the 25"), the increased forward reach of the top tube is just 1.1cm. Other measurements and that big circle indicate set saddle and bar positions that I build my bikes to.
I have a set of bar ends that I need to try as my preconceived notion is "meh."
If you need any other measurements, let me know. I now work from home as an Architectural Designer. Back to the CAD station for me. I put myself on the night shift.
sdn40 is offline  
Old 06-20-19, 03:20 PM
  #51172  
RiddleOfSteel
Lugged, Dura-Ace Glory
 
RiddleOfSteel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2,517

Bikes: '87 Schwinn Prologue - '74 Schwinn Paramount P15 - '8X Davidson Impulse - '88 Land Shark Road Shark - '92 Specialized Epic Carbon - '15 Cannondale CAAD10 Disc - '81 Trek 710 - '92? Bushnell Track Bike

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 796 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 27 Times in 23 Posts
Originally Posted by sdn40 View Post
I have a set of bar ends that I need to try as my preconceived notion is "meh."
If you need any other measurements, let me know. I now work from home as an Architectural Designer. Back to the CAD station for me. I put myself on the night shift.
If you're meh on bar-ends, I'd just go straight for the most convenient and do STI levers.

Thanks for the measurement offer--I'm good though. I am also a constant user of the Vintage Cannondale website's catalog section. Very familiar with looking up (if not memorizing) the geometry specs, among other things.
RiddleOfSteel is offline  
Old 06-20-19, 04:39 PM
  #51173  
Force 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 815
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by merziac View Post
And its gone, at least the ad is.
What were they asking?
Force is offline  
Old 06-20-19, 05:24 PM
  #51174  
merziac
Senior Member
 
merziac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: PDX
Posts: 4,013

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton, Bornstein, Paisley, Paramounts, 3rensho, Moto TC, Raleigh Pro's, Marinoni, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC and more

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked 49 Times in 38 Posts
Originally Posted by force View Post
what were they asking?
$2500
merziac is offline  
Old 06-20-19, 11:52 PM
  #51175  
cheffyjay
Member
 
cheffyjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Seattle
Posts: 43

Bikes: Ron Cooper, Frejus, Davidson, Miyata 912, Litespeed Ultimate, Le Jeune, Klein Rascal, Rocky Mountain Element Race AMP B5, PX10,Holdsworth, Berardi, Schwinn Paramount

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
this is interesting, anybody know about this frame builder?


https://seattle.craigslist.org/est/b...916862526.html
cheffyjay is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.