Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Tandem Cycling
Reload this Page >

SF Peninsula Tandems?

Search
Notices
Tandem Cycling A bicycle built for two. Want to find out more about this wonderful world of tandems? Check out this forum to talk with other tandem enthusiasts. Captains and stokers welcome!

SF Peninsula Tandems?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-16, 10:28 AM
CriticalThought

Bikes: Santana Sovereign Tandem, Five Rings Carbon, Lemond Alpe d'Huez, Miele Latina, Hercules Tourist, Mercian Super Tourist Tandem, Birdy BD-1, Duell Solo, Jack Taylor Marathon Tandem, Raleigh RSW-16, DL-1, and Superbe

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked 244 Times in 62 Posts
SF Peninsula Tandems?

Cross posting in NorCal also...

Been riding tandems with my gf now wife for a few years now but don't know any other tandem riders nearby. Any tandem riders out there on the SF Peninsula? San Mateo / Burlingame / Hillsborough area? Would love to find some other tandemers nearby. We are happy to ride at a mellow pace, but also take it up Old La Honda, Kings, etc. and do various centuries so we're pretty much game for anything. Any takers?
Old 11-28-16, 10:55 AM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 2537 Post(s)
Liked 769 Times in 537 Posts
Originally Posted by CriticalThought
Cross posting in NorCal also...

Been riding tandems with my gf now wife for a few years now but don't know any other tandem riders nearby. Any tandem riders out there on the SF Peninsula? San Mateo / Burlingame / Hillsborough area? Would love to find some other tandemers nearby. We are happy to ride at a mellow pace, but also take it up Old La Honda, Kings, etc. and do various centuries so we're pretty much game for anything. Any takers?

I suppose this is one way to do it, but have you also done some direct Googling for SF based tandem clubs? The very first tandem club we found in our area utilizing Google turned up all the tandem oriented companionship we could ever want or need for the foreseeable future. In addition, many 'normal' bike clubs also have a tandem contingent that set the pace for the A group riders. And also to provide draft for A group wannabee's.
Old 11-28-16, 01:37 PM
CriticalThought

Bikes: Santana Sovereign Tandem, Five Rings Carbon, Lemond Alpe d'Huez, Miele Latina, Hercules Tourist, Mercian Super Tourist Tandem, Birdy BD-1, Duell Solo, Jack Taylor Marathon Tandem, Raleigh RSW-16, DL-1, and Superbe

Thanks Leisesturm. I've found some groups on Google, but thought I'd try here as well in the hopes of find some local riders I may have missed who aren't part of them, especially if they're super local to me on the SF Peninsula.
Old 11-30-16, 04:52 PM
Carbonello

Bikes: Team Scandium/ Sovereign

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just recently a Wiggio online Group called Tandemonium was set up for tandem riders in the San Francisco south Bay area. We've got a couple dozen local teams and have had rides with up to 13 teams. Send me your email address and I'll forward it to the admins to get you invited. The group email address is tandemonium@wiggiomail.com
Old 12-01-16, 06:50 PM
CriticalThought

Originally Posted by Carbonello
Just recently a Wiggio online Group called Tandemonium was set up for tandem riders in the San Francisco south Bay area. We've got a couple dozen local teams and have had rides with up to 13 teams. Send me your email address and I'll forward it to the admins to get you invited. The group email address is tandemonium@wiggiomail.com
Thanks very much @Carbonello. Unfortunately I can't PM you (I think I need to have 50 posts before I'm able), but I will reach out to the the admins/list via that address. Appreciate it!