Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Canadian Kawahura Catalogue

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Old 01-24-20, 01:43 PM
GaryBeaton

Bikes: Trek Solo (belt drive commuter), Globe (summer commuter), Skykomish Hardtail Mtn, Diamondback Hdtl Mtn, Miyata 1000 (rebuilding), Miyata TwoTen, Miyata OneTen (restoration), Peuguot 10 spd (restoring)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Does anyone have a location for non-BMX Kuwahara Canadian catalogues from the 80s?

Last edited by GaryBeaton; 01-24-20 at 04:34 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-24-20, 01:50 PM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 652 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4719 Post(s)
Liked 3,034 Times in 1,874 Posts
I'm not aware of a Kawahura brand. I assume you mean Kuwahara. If so, the serial number should tell us the build date and we can proceed with identification from there. I've got a few retail catalogs with Kuwahara models and several have surfaced on the forums in the past. Brands and models of major components and the tubeset would also help, pending pictures.
Old 01-24-20, 04:46 PM
GaryBeaton

Bikes: Trek Solo (belt drive commuter), Globe (summer commuter), Skykomish Hardtail Mtn, Diamondback Hdtl Mtn, Miyata 1000 (rebuilding), Miyata TwoTen, Miyata OneTen (restoration), Peuguot 10 spd (restoring)

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
LOL. My online typing has gotten worse since 2016. The bike in question is a Kuwahara Super Sport now in pieces but slowly going back together. Frame manufacture date is 1986 and the Shimano front derailleur is December 1985. Also have a Kuwahara Shuttle (with a frame date 88) that is in decent shape and might get the treatment some day. I think both have the original components except for saddle. I found the catalogues for 1990-93 in German but that does not help much on a couple counts. I did record the components but don't have access to the file on this computer.
Old 05-26-21, 09:38 PM
tarinalynn

Bikes: Riding the same unlabelled sketchy AF Craigslist bike bought 20 years ago for $75.00, restoring a Kuwahara Butte 1987 (87067956), Kuwahara Shasta, a hand built Brodie Custom early 90’s, and a bunch of miscellaneous Frankenstein kid bikes

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
I have found 1989, 1990, 1991, and 1992 non-box catalogues in PDF. I just added links in a very poor edit to the Kuwahara bicycle Wikipedia site. I’m certainly no web editor.

Most of the catalogues are in German. It would be neat to see translation. Their late 80’s/early 90’s vintage ATB/MTB’s were beautiful.
Likes For tarinalynn: