Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Vintage light mount

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Vintage light mount

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-20, 03:45 PM
gthomson

Bikes: 2013 Cannondale Caad 8, 2010 Opus Fidelio, 1985 Peugeot UO14, 1999 Peugeot Dune, Sakai Select, L'Avantage, 1971 Gitane Apache Standard, 1999 Specialized Hard Rock

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 548 Post(s)
Liked 473 Times in 302 Posts
Vintage light mount

This is my tour bike on a budget but it's met my expectations up to now, which are pretty low to start with . Got this cheap vintage looking lamp but don't really love the mounting options it came with. As you can see behind the drop bar, there is a nice reflector mount that would be a better place to put this lamp but they mount differently.

Any suggestions on how I might take the lamp, which is configured with a side mount, and then attach it to that reflector plate (after I take the actual reflector off) to a front mount?

While I got you looking, is that Zefal bike pump supposed to come with a hose? I found it in my garage and I can't remember buying it but I assume there should be one?

Old 12-03-20, 07:04 PM
alo

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 529 Post(s)
Liked 255 Times in 185 Posts
Get an aluminum T section (or aluminum angle) and fix it to the bracket holding the reflector.

You could try twisting the bracket holding the reflector, but I don't know how well that will work.
Old 12-03-20, 08:49 PM
obrentharris 

Bikes: Indeed!

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 1507 Post(s)
Liked 3,473 Times in 1,132 Posts
Your pump does not need a hose. There is a hole in the chrome end that will fit over your presta valve. (If your bike has schrader valves instead of presta valves you will have to switch inner tubes to use that pump.)
Brent
Old 12-04-20, 07:39 AM
gthomson

Bikes: 2013 Cannondale Caad 8, 2010 Opus Fidelio, 1985 Peugeot UO14, 1999 Peugeot Dune, Sakai Select, L'Avantage, 1971 Gitane Apache Standard, 1999 Specialized Hard Rock

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 548 Post(s)
Liked 473 Times in 302 Posts
Originally Posted by obrentharris
Your pump does not need a hose. There is a hole in the chrome end that will fit over your presta valve. (If your bike has schrader valves instead of presta valves you will have to switch inner tubes to use that pump.)
Brent
Thanks man, I have bikes with both presta and schrader so this is great news. I can't count the number of pumps I've had over my lifespan and some had hoses, some didn't - too hard to remember ha ha