Go Back  Bike Forums > News & Suggestions > Forum Suggestions & User Assistance
Reload this Page >

Site issue using Safari + WIPR

Search
Notices
Forum Suggestions & User Assistance Have a suggestion for the forums? Need help with the Forums? Post here.

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-20, 05:05 PM
taz777

Bikes: 5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 25 Times in 19 Posts

I've been in contact with BillyD (Administrator) via PM and he suggested that I post my issue here. I have a very strange problem viewing this site that wasn't there late last year. I haven't been on the site for a couple of months.

I'm using a Mac running macOS Catalina 10.15.2. Safari browser 13.0.4. I'm also using a paid-for ad-blocker called WIPR. I noticed in the last couple of days, when I tried to change my password on here, that I am able to see the forum index page and can go into each forum section to see the list of threads in that section. However, when I try to access any thread to see the posts in that thread, the content is displayed for a tiny fraction of a section and then blanked out so I get a blank, white web page.

It's as if the content is being soft-blocked due to the ad-blocker that I'm using (WIPR). I cannot whitelist this site in WIPR as whitelisting is not supported in WIPR. I can use the Firefox web browser on my Mac with no ad-blocker and I'm able to read posts within threads perfectly fine. So it does point to the use of the WIPR ad-blocker in Safari that is the issue.

Firstly, has anyone seen this issue before? As I cannot whitelist the site when I use Safari, I'm happy to pay for membership. However, I'd like to be sure that I'd be able to view the posts in threads whilst still using Safari + WIPR. Currently, I have to use Firefox with no ad-blocker to read posts on this site, but my primary browser is Safari and I only use Firefox as a backup, emergency browser.
Old 01-17-20, 09:37 AM
IBJoel
Administrator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked 224 Times in 146 Posts
Originally Posted by taz777
I've been in contact with BillyD (Administrator) via PM and he suggested that I post my issue here. I have a very strange problem viewing this site that wasn't there late last year. I haven't been on the site for a couple of months.

I'm using a Mac running macOS Catalina 10.15.2. Safari browser 13.0.4. I'm also using a paid-for ad-blocker called WIPR. I noticed in the last couple of days, when I tried to change my password on here, that I am able to see the forum index page and can go into each forum section to see the list of threads in that section. However, when I try to access any thread to see the posts in that thread, the content is displayed for a tiny fraction of a section and then blanked out so I get a blank, white web page.

It's as if the content is being soft-blocked due to the ad-blocker that I'm using (WIPR). I cannot whitelist this site in WIPR as whitelisting is not supported in WIPR. I can use the Firefox web browser on my Mac with no ad-blocker and I'm able to read posts within threads perfectly fine. So it does point to the use of the WIPR ad-blocker in Safari that is the issue.

Firstly, has anyone seen this issue before? As I cannot whitelist the site when I use Safari, I'm happy to pay for membership. However, I'd like to be sure that I'd be able to view the posts in threads whilst still using Safari + WIPR. Currently, I have to use Firefox with no ad-blocker to read posts on this site, but my primary browser is Safari and I only use Firefox as a backup, emergency browser.
The site is designed to be viewable with standard browsers. The more plug-ins and extras you ad on, the higher likelihood you'll encounter display problems. As this is a mostly-free, ad-supported site, our tech team is not going to make any effort to accommodate your set-up. Other users are welcome to PM you with solutions for you, though.