Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Couple of old Diamondback MTBs

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-23, 03:34 PM
Corp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Couple of old Diamondback MTBs

Hello! I have 3 older DB mtbs i intend to sell. I have no idea of value of these and intend to sell locally. Anyone recognize these frames? If so, what would be a fair asking price for each? I know the pictures arent great but its what i got! Thanks for looking.

EDIT, apparently i cannot upload photos because i havent made 10 posts. 'You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites and photos after you have made 10 posts or more.'
Old 11-16-23, 12:18 PM
Sedgemop 

Bikes: '72 Peugeot PX-10 '78 Motobecane Le Champion '83 Motobecane Grand Jubile '85 Trek 830 '88 Merckx Team ADR Corsa Extra

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 471 Post(s)
Liked 1,214 Times in 651 Posts
Thanks for the question. I'm a fan of the early Diamondback mountain bikes. They made some good ones.

You're only 3 posts away from being able to post photos. So, you've got some options. Engage in a couple conversations and post photos a little later, or post the photos in an album on your profile page right away. We can see the photos on your profile and share them in this thread. Either way works fine. Catch you soon.
Old 11-16-23, 08:34 PM
wrk101
Thrifty Bill

Bikes: 86 Katakura Silk, 87 Prologue X2, 88 Cimarron LE, 1975 Sekai 4000 Professional, 73 Paramount, plus more

Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Quoted: 1236 Post(s)
Liked 964 Times in 628 Posts
Also where are you located? For every really nice Diamondback MTB, they made a lot of so so ones. Assuming your bikes have not been ridden for a long time, value is likely pretty low like $25 each. Hopefully your market is better!
Old 11-17-23, 12:54 AM
katsup

Bikes: 1995 ParkPre Pro 825 2021 Soma Fog Cutter v2 and 2021 Cotic SolarisMax

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 607 Post(s)
Liked 560 Times in 318 Posts
Op's photo gallery
https://www.bikeforums.net/g/album/23401379

The Apex (blue and white) is your most valuable, but they all look to be in rough shape and in desperate need of a tune up. Maybe $100 for the Apex as the Deore DX components are good. The other two are lower end, in the current shape, I'd say around $25 each.