Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Santa Cruz Heckler and Stumpy FSR

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Santa Cruz Heckler and Stumpy FSR

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-06, 09:04 PM
pinkrobe
DNPAIMFB

Bikes: Titus El Guapo, Misfit diSSent, Cervelo Soloist Carbon, Wabi Lightning, et al.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I bet SBW cross-referenced the thread that jamisgirl started comparing a Kona and a Santa Cruz.
Old 07-08-06, 09:25 PM
Karldar
SNIKT!

Bikes: '06 Kona Dawg Deluxe/'06 Cannondale F400(frame)/'98 Cannondale SuperV1000

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gastro
If that is indeed your bike, do you mind me asking what's up with the doilies on the back of the couch? Did you take this pic at your grandmomma's house?
Don't judge me! Besides, that's SBW's house, not mine. She stoled my bike, I tell ya!
Old 07-08-06, 09:26 PM
Karldar
SNIKT!

Bikes: '06 Kona Dawg Deluxe/'06 Cannondale F400(frame)/'98 Cannondale SuperV1000

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mtnbiker66
He likes to keep things neat while he's blasting Rob Zombie.
Not neat here, but I am listening to Rob Zombie.
Old 07-09-06, 12:02 AM
Siu Blue Wind
Homey

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 2427 Post(s)
Liked 1,407 Times in 901 Posts
Okay. First of all, I had originally ordered a 15 inch Kona a few weeks ago and put money down on it. It was lost in transit and arrived one week late. Upon inspection, I found it very much damaged and refused it, leaving so upset I forgot to discuss the money issue. There were no more available in the US in my size, so I started looking for another bike. I started this thread, and came close to considering the Stumpy. In the meanwhile, the shop had rebuilt the Kona. They called, it looked okay, so I took it. My original love.

The doillie is where my kitty sleeps.
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.
Old 07-09-06, 03:23 AM
Karldar
SNIKT!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
At least things worked out. The paint's okay? Most importantly, are you lovin' the bike?
Old 07-09-06, 06:24 AM
Siu Blue Wind
Homey

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 2427 Post(s)
Liked 1,407 Times in 901 Posts
Oh I love your bike, Kaldar. I took it out yesterday and....hard to describe but that thing can handle pretty good. I'm not afraid of this bike, either like I am of the Cake. So I find myself getting a little bolder.

The paint he tried to fix, the gouges were kinda .... I guess he tried to fix those too. Still scratched. But I also found out the handlebar was bent (hence the damaged grips) but are new now. The front der was bent (I've had to adjust the new one) and the leaking brake line has been replaced with a new Hayes line. Back to new again except for the scratches and the gouges I won't look at.
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.
Old 07-09-06, 07:07 AM
mtnbiker66
Old School Rad

Bikes: Blur LT

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I hope you got a discount becuse of the damage.
Old 07-09-06, 07:27 AM
Karldar
SNIKT!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Siu Blue Wind
Oh I love your bike, Kaldar. I took it out yesterday and....hard to describe but that thing can handle pretty good. I'm not afraid of this bike, either like I am of the Cake. So I find myself getting a little bolder.

The paint he tried to fix, the gouges were kinda .... I guess he tried to fix those too. Still scratched. But I also found out the handlebar was bent (hence the damaged grips) but are new now. The front der was bent (I've had to adjust the new one) and the leaking brake line has been replaced with a new Hayes line. Back to new again except for the scratches and the gouges I won't look at.
Eh, woulda got scratched up sooner or later. Of course, it's more fun to me to do it myself. Once I got mine, I felt like I could do no wrong on it. I still wanna try my softer XC tires on it, but it's way better than my ol' Cannondale. Have fun!
Old 07-09-06, 03:35 PM
skiahh

Bikes: 08 Stumpjumper FSR Expert, 02 Litespeed Tuscany, 04 Specialized S-Works Epic

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Did they give you a good discount on the "used" bike you got?

Kona would be mortified if they knew since they're pretty big on quality. In fact, they may send you a replacement frame when they make their next run in that size.

By the way, how big are the gouges? Scratches are no big deal, but gouges in AL can be a bad thing for durability.