Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage > Classic and Vintage Sales
Reload this Page >

Gran Compe AGC Slotted Levers w/ Fresh Hoods

Notices
Classic and Vintage Sales Private Sales Only, no online storefronts. All prices must be quoted, we are not an auction site.

Gran Compe AGC Slotted Levers w/ Fresh Hoods

Old 03-03-21, 10:49 AM
  #1  
deux jambes 
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
deux jambes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Eugene, OR
Posts: 1,118
Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 501 Post(s)
Liked 289 Times in 163 Posts
Gran Compe AGC Slotted Levers w/ Fresh Hoods

Here for sale: Pair of AGC levers I知 very good condition, fitted with Dia-Compe hoods which were purchased NOS and have only seen a handful of use since.

Levers have 24.0mm clamps. Left lever has very minor nicks at upper left edge. Right lever appears free from blemishes.

Hoods are supple and free from any damage. Could use a light soap & water cleaning.

$33 shipped SOLD

Paypal F&F or add 3% for G&S

Last edited by deux jambes; 03-05-21 at 09:22 AM.
deux jambes is offline  
Old 03-03-21, 10:50 AM
  #2  
deux jambes 
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
deux jambes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Eugene, OR
Posts: 1,118
Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 501 Post(s)
Liked 289 Times in 163 Posts






deux jambes is offline  
Old 03-03-21, 05:58 PM
  #3  
jdawginsc 
Edumacator
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Goose Creek, SC
Posts: 1,518

Bikes: '87 Crestdale, '87 Basso Gap, '92 Rossin Performance EL-OS, Faggin Matrix thingy

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 447 Post(s)
Liked 346 Times in 230 Posts
I remember drooling over those when they first came out. Very cool.
__________________
1987 Crest Cannondale, 1987 Basso Gap, 1992 Rossin Performance EL, 1990ish Van Tuyl, 1980s Vanni Losa Cassani thingy, 1988 Faggin Matrix with not Matrix tubes, 1990ish MBK Atlantique, 1982 Rossin Record, 1987 Trek Elance

jdawginsc is offline  
Old 03-03-21, 09:36 PM
  #4  
Senior Ryder 00 
Old bikes, Older guy
 
Senior Ryder 00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Fiscal Conservative on the Lefty Coast - Oregon
Posts: 518

Bikes: A few modern, Several vintage, All ridden when weather allows.

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked 32 Times in 24 Posts
Wow, those would go nicely with my Royal Compe calipers, I just need an applicable drive train & frame!
Something to think about.
Cheers,
Van
__________________
Remember: Real bikes have pedals.
...and never put a yellow tail on a Red, White and Blue kite!
Senior Ryder 00 is offline  
Old 03-04-21, 04:43 PM
  #5  
deux jambes 
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
deux jambes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Eugene, OR
Posts: 1,118
Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 501 Post(s)
Liked 289 Times in 163 Posts
I致e been asked if these levers come with ferrules for cable. So here a pic of the cable housing attaching point. If there is something missing here then I知 unaware of what that would be.


deux jambes is offline  
Old 03-04-21, 09:49 PM
  #6  
Senior Ryder 00 
Old bikes, Older guy
 
Senior Ryder 00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Fiscal Conservative on the Lefty Coast - Oregon
Posts: 518

Bikes: A few modern, Several vintage, All ridden when weather allows.

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked 32 Times in 24 Posts
FYI, this model uses a special ferrule that has a rounded tip & is about twice as thick as a regular one. The cable tends to bind if it is not used. It often is stuck to the housing when they are removed.
Good luck,
Van
__________________
Remember: Real bikes have pedals.
...and never put a yellow tail on a Red, White and Blue kite!
Senior Ryder 00 is offline  
Old 03-04-21, 10:03 PM
  #7  
deux jambes 
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
deux jambes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Eugene, OR
Posts: 1,118
Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 501 Post(s)
Liked 289 Times in 163 Posts
Originally Posted by Senior Ryder 00 View Post
FYI, this model uses a special ferrule that has a rounded tip & is about twice as thick as a regular one. The cable tends to bind if it is not used. It often is stuck to the housing when they are removed.
Good luck,
Van
Interesting. Thank you for the info. I had no idea these levers used a special ferrule. I'll consider myself lucky that I never had them bind on me.
deux jambes is offline  
Old 03-04-21, 10:18 PM
  #8  
thook
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Winslow, AR
Posts: 1,608

Bikes: '83 univega gran turismo x2, '85 schwinn super le tour,'89 miyata triple cross, '91 GT tequesta, '90 yokota grizzly peak, '94 GT backwoods, '95'ish scott tampico, '98 bonty privateer, '93 mongoose crossway 625, '98 parkpre ariel, 2k'ish giant fcr3

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked 222 Times in 164 Posts
were these the levers you used on your eisentraut build?
thook is offline  
Old 03-04-21, 10:28 PM
  #9  
deux jambes 
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
deux jambes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Eugene, OR
Posts: 1,118
Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 501 Post(s)
Liked 289 Times in 163 Posts
Originally Posted by thook View Post
were these the levers you used on your eisentraut build?
Good eye! These are them.
deux jambes is offline  
Old 03-04-21, 10:33 PM
  #10  
thook
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Winslow, AR
Posts: 1,608

Bikes: '83 univega gran turismo x2, '85 schwinn super le tour,'89 miyata triple cross, '91 GT tequesta, '90 yokota grizzly peak, '94 GT backwoods, '95'ish scott tampico, '98 bonty privateer, '93 mongoose crossway 625, '98 parkpre ariel, 2k'ish giant fcr3

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked 222 Times in 164 Posts
Originally Posted by deux jambes View Post
Good eye! These are them.
well, that build is rather lust worthy in mine eyes

what made you decide to change out and to what?...if i may ask? they looked really good on there

oh, and i don't suppose you'd be interested in a trade?
thook is offline  
Old 03-04-21, 10:52 PM
  #11  
deux jambes 
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
deux jambes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Eugene, OR
Posts: 1,118
Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 501 Post(s)
Liked 289 Times in 163 Posts
Originally Posted by thook View Post
well, that build is rather lust worthy in mine eyes

what made you decide to change out and to what?...if i may ask? they looked really good on there

oh, and i don't suppose you'd be interested in a trade?
The Eisentraut is currently torn down. I知 contemplating selling it actually.

I壇 consider trading the levers for something, but I知 not in too great a need for much. I知 currently building a Trek and would love to throw a pair of Superbe levers on it. Got a pair of those perhaps? Maybe a Campy downtube cable guide? Benotto bar tape in a dark color?
deux jambes is offline  
Old 03-04-21, 11:55 PM
  #12  
thook
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Winslow, AR
Posts: 1,608

Bikes: '83 univega gran turismo x2, '85 schwinn super le tour,'89 miyata triple cross, '91 GT tequesta, '90 yokota grizzly peak, '94 GT backwoods, '95'ish scott tampico, '98 bonty privateer, '93 mongoose crossway 625, '98 parkpre ariel, 2k'ish giant fcr3

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked 222 Times in 164 Posts
i don't have any superbe levers. i do have some dura ace aero levers. they're not quite as clean as your GC's, though. i have other bits....like some BL derailleurs/shifters, cyclone mkII derailleurs, and some other stuff

as for the campy guide, do you mean housing stop or a guide for cables at the downtube/bottom bracket junction? i have the latter
thook is offline  
Old 03-05-21, 01:24 AM
  #13  
scarlson
Senior Member
 
scarlson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Medford MA
Posts: 1,211

Bikes: Ron Cooper touring, 1959 Jack Taylor 650b ladyback touring tandem, Vitus 979, Joe Bell painted Claud Butler Dalesman, Colin Laing curved tube tandem, heavily-Dilberted 1982 Trek 6xx, Ren Herse tandem

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 525 Post(s)
Liked 644 Times in 372 Posts
oh wat the heck, I'll take 'em and pay cash if @thook hasn't effectively called dibs. That's a great price.
scarlson is offline  
Old 03-05-21, 01:31 AM
  #14  
thook
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Winslow, AR
Posts: 1,608

Bikes: '83 univega gran turismo x2, '85 schwinn super le tour,'89 miyata triple cross, '91 GT tequesta, '90 yokota grizzly peak, '94 GT backwoods, '95'ish scott tampico, '98 bonty privateer, '93 mongoose crossway 625, '98 parkpre ariel, 2k'ish giant fcr3

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked 222 Times in 164 Posts
@scarlson go for it, man
thook is offline  
Old 03-05-21, 09:04 AM
  #15  
TrashBoat
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
I'm interested but I can't PM because I have less than 10 posts. Is there anything we can work out?
TrashBoat is offline  
Old 03-05-21, 09:20 AM
  #16  
deux jambes 
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
deux jambes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Eugene, OR
Posts: 1,118
Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 501 Post(s)
Liked 289 Times in 163 Posts
Originally Posted by scarlson View Post
oh wat the heck, I'll take 'em and pay cash if @thook hasn't effectively called dibs. That's a great price.
Originally Posted by thook View Post
@scarlson go for it, man
Here痴 where I realized that I F壇 up.

I was sent a PM earlier in the day yesterday by someone expressing interest in the levers. They asked if the ferrules were included. I posted a pic here of the housing entry point as I was unaware of proprietary ferrules. Another member clarified that the ferrules were missing.

The interested party then sent a second PM asking if I壇 come down on the price. I immediately agreed and shot them an offer. I didn稚 here back.

About an hour later, thook posted here and mentioned trade. We start tossing ideas around. I went to bed.

I woke up and found that the person initially interested has accepted my lowered price. I also see that scarlson has offered to buy at my original asking price.

At the time of writing there is even a forth person now interested.

The whole thing is a mess, and it痴 my fault. I should not have talked trade with thook. I should have edited the post to 都ale pending upon negotiations with the first person.

Anyhow, that person has legitimately purchased the levers as of this morning. My apologies to all for my lack of transparency.
deux jambes is offline  
Likes For deux jambes:
Old 03-05-21, 01:06 PM
  #17  
noobinsf 
Senior Member
 
noobinsf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Oakland, CA
Posts: 2,355

Bikes: CURRENT: '82 Univega Competizione, '72 Motobecane Grand Record, '74 Campania Professional, '83 Mercian KOM Touring, '91 Univega Alpina Comp PAST: '72 Puch Bergmeister, '72ish Peugeot UO-8, '86 Univega Gran Premio, '85 Univega Viva Touring

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 739 Post(s)
Liked 497 Times in 335 Posts
I hope folks are taking it easy on you. You have a lot of stuff posted, and I know it's hard to keep track when you have a lot of different interested parties and you're not a high volume seller. I am not a high volume seller. FWIW, I have had a couple of transactions with deux_jambes, and the experience has always been very easy, honest, and positive.
noobinsf is online now  
Old 03-05-21, 01:56 PM
  #18  
thook
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Winslow, AR
Posts: 1,608

Bikes: '83 univega gran turismo x2, '85 schwinn super le tour,'89 miyata triple cross, '91 GT tequesta, '90 yokota grizzly peak, '94 GT backwoods, '95'ish scott tampico, '98 bonty privateer, '93 mongoose crossway 625, '98 parkpre ariel, 2k'ish giant fcr3

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked 222 Times in 164 Posts
Originally Posted by deux jambes View Post
Here痴 where I realized that I F壇 up.

I was sent a PM earlier in the day yesterday by someone expressing interest in the levers. They asked if the ferrules were included. I posted a pic here of the housing entry point as I was unaware of proprietary ferrules. Another member clarified that the ferrules were missing.

The interested party then sent a second PM asking if I壇 come down on the price. I immediately agreed and shot them an offer. I didn稚 here back.

About an hour later, thook posted here and mentioned trade. We start tossing ideas around. I went to bed.

I woke up and found that the person initially interested has accepted my lowered price. I also see that scarlson has offered to buy at my original asking price.

At the time of writing there is even a forth person now interested.

The whole thing is a mess, and it痴 my fault. I should not have talked trade with thook. I should have edited the post to 都ale pending upon negotiations with the first person.

Anyhow, that person has legitimately purchased the levers as of this morning. My apologies to all for my lack of transparency.
well, fwiw, my undies aren't in a twist over it, so...it's just fine
thook is offline  
Old 03-05-21, 03:40 PM
  #19  
clubman 
Youngman Grand
 
clubman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 7,164

Bikes: roadsters, club bikes, fixed and classic

Mentioned: 101 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1654 Post(s)
Liked 769 Times in 508 Posts
So I've got a set of these levers and looked up AGC ferrules and I'm freaking out because I found them listed in Walmarts inventory.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Dia-Compe...of-10/32306805
We don't understand this in Canada. Walmart has no redeeming qualities north of the 49th.
clubman is offline  
Old 03-05-21, 04:33 PM
  #20  
thook
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Winslow, AR
Posts: 1,608

Bikes: '83 univega gran turismo x2, '85 schwinn super le tour,'89 miyata triple cross, '91 GT tequesta, '90 yokota grizzly peak, '94 GT backwoods, '95'ish scott tampico, '98 bonty privateer, '93 mongoose crossway 625, '98 parkpre ariel, 2k'ish giant fcr3

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked 222 Times in 164 Posts
Originally Posted by clubman View Post
So I've got a set of these levers and looked up AGC ferrules and I'm freaking out because I found them listed in Walmarts inventory.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Dia-Compe...of-10/32306805
We don't understand this in Canada. Walmart has no redeeming qualities north of the 49th.
here in northwest arkansas, home of walmart corp in bentonville, they have none here, either. at least not by anyone who has some social ethics
thook is offline  
Likes For thook:
Old 03-05-21, 05:13 PM
  #21  
scarlson
Senior Member
 
scarlson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Medford MA
Posts: 1,211

Bikes: Ron Cooper touring, 1959 Jack Taylor 650b ladyback touring tandem, Vitus 979, Joe Bell painted Claud Butler Dalesman, Colin Laing curved tube tandem, heavily-Dilberted 1982 Trek 6xx, Ren Herse tandem

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 525 Post(s)
Liked 644 Times in 372 Posts
Originally Posted by clubman View Post
So I've got a set of these levers and looked up AGC ferrules and I'm freaking out because I found them listed in Walmarts inventory.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Dia-Compe...of-10/32306805
We don't understand this in Canada. Walmart has no redeeming qualities north of the 49th.
And here I thought I was going to have to machine one for the pair I have which is missing one.. What a relief!

Originally Posted by thook View Post
well, fwiw, my undies aren't in a twist over it, so...it's just fine
Mine neither!!
scarlson is offline  
Likes For scarlson:
Old 03-05-21, 07:40 PM
  #22  
xiaoman1 
Awaiting Parole
 
xiaoman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Weird Coast City of the Angels
Posts: 3,955

Bikes: A few too many

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 908 Post(s)
Liked 765 Times in 514 Posts
Originally Posted by scarlson View Post
oh wat the heck, I'll take 'em and pay cash if @thook hasn't effectively called dibs. That's a great price.
Originally Posted by deux jambes View Post
Here痴 where I realized that I F壇 up.

I was sent a PM earlier in the day yesterday by someone expressing interest in the levers. They asked if the ferrules were included. I posted a pic here of the housing entry point as I was unaware of proprietary ferrules. Another member clarified that the ferrules were missing.

The interested party then sent a second PM asking if I壇 come down on the price. I immediately agreed and shot them an offer. I didn稚 here back.

About an hour later, thook posted here and mentioned trade. We start tossing ideas around. I went to bed.

I woke up and found that the person initially interested has accepted my lowered price. I also see that scarlson has offered to buy at my original asking price.

At the time of writing there is even a forth person now interested.

The whole thing is a mess, and it痴 my fault. I should not have talked trade with thook. I should have edited the post to 都ale pending upon negotiations with the first person.

Anyhow, that person has legitimately purchased the levers as of this morning. My apologies to all for my lack of transparency.
Originally Posted by TrashBoat View Post
I'm interested but I can't PM because I have less than 10 posts. Is there anything we can work out?
Originally Posted by thook View Post
@scarlson go for it, man
Hey Guys,
I bought the levers and did not see the posts this morning, I only read my emails and off to work so if anyone wants them and they haven't been sent off yet feel free to contact Matt OR if he has sent them and you still want them, email me and we'll work it out.....No dust-up or blame for an honest mistake, they're only parts and if someone really needs them let me know and I will get them to you.
Best, Ben
__________________
"STAND UP FOR WHAT IS RIGHT EVEN IF YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE STANDING"

xiaoman1 is offline  
Old 03-05-21, 07:44 PM
  #23  
thook
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Winslow, AR
Posts: 1,608

Bikes: '83 univega gran turismo x2, '85 schwinn super le tour,'89 miyata triple cross, '91 GT tequesta, '90 yokota grizzly peak, '94 GT backwoods, '95'ish scott tampico, '98 bonty privateer, '93 mongoose crossway 625, '98 parkpre ariel, 2k'ish giant fcr3

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked 222 Times in 164 Posts
@xiaoman1 why not keep them? you've already paid, right? you had first dibs, so rightfully (or whatever)...uh...they're yours. otoh, if you want someone else to have them, @scarlson wants them more than i, it would seem. heck...i was only interested in a trade. i ain't got no money anyhow....ha
thook is offline  
Old 03-05-21, 08:21 PM
  #24  
scarlson
Senior Member
 
scarlson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Medford MA
Posts: 1,211

Bikes: Ron Cooper touring, 1959 Jack Taylor 650b ladyback touring tandem, Vitus 979, Joe Bell painted Claud Butler Dalesman, Colin Laing curved tube tandem, heavily-Dilberted 1982 Trek 6xx, Ren Herse tandem

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 525 Post(s)
Liked 644 Times in 372 Posts
Originally Posted by xiaoman1 View Post
Hey Guys,
I bought the levers and did not see the posts this morning, I only read my emails and off to work so if anyone wants them and they haven't been sent off yet feel free to contact Matt OR if he has sent them and you still want them, email me and we'll work it out.....No dust-up or blame for an honest mistake, they're only parts and if someone really needs them let me know and I will get them to you.
Best, Ben
Originally Posted by thook View Post
@xiaoman1 why not keep them? you've already paid, right? you had first dibs, so rightfully (or whatever)...uh...they're yours. otoh, if you want someone else to have them, @scarlson wants them more than i, it would seem. heck...i was only interested in a trade. i ain't got no money anyhow....ha
Ha!! This thread is reminding me of a four-way stop in Vermont! It's all "You go!!" "No, you go!" "No, I insist, after you!"
It is one of the reasons I love this forum.

But as I mentioned, I have already a set of these levers, missing one ferrule, so I'll buy them from Walmart it appears. Really what you've done is save me from hoarding! I should be thanking ya.

And those ARE supercool levers. Enjoy them!!
scarlson is offline  
Old 03-05-21, 08:36 PM
  #25  
xiaoman1 
Awaiting Parole
 
xiaoman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Weird Coast City of the Angels
Posts: 3,955

Bikes: A few too many

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 908 Post(s)
Liked 765 Times in 514 Posts
Originally Posted by thook View Post
@xiaoman1 why not keep them? you've already paid, right? you had first dibs, so rightfully (or whatever)...uh...they're yours. otoh, if you want someone else to have them, @scarlson wants them more than i, it would seem. heck...i was only interested in a trade. i ain't got no money anyhow....ha
Originally Posted by scarlson View Post
Ha!! This thread is reminding me of a four-way stop in Vermont! It's all "You go!!" "No, you go!" "No, I insist, after you!"
It is one of the reasons I love this forum.

But as I mentioned, I have already a set of these levers, missing one ferrule, so I'll buy them from Walmart it appears. Really what you've done is save me from hoarding! I should be thanking ya.

And those ARE supercool levers. Enjoy them!!
Just do not want any hard feelings towards Matt for this, no one's fault...no big deal to me either way....if all's is good then great if not shoot me an email. I want to always do the right thing.
Best, Ben
__________________
"STAND UP FOR WHAT IS RIGHT EVEN IF YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE STANDING"

xiaoman1 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright ゥ 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.