Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

50+ Jersey anyone?

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

50+ Jersey anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-17, 12:56 PM
Rick@OCRR
www.ocrebels.com

Bikes: Several bikes, Road, Mountain, Commute, etc.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
I'll have a 60+ even though it will only be good for three years before I need a 70+!

Rick / OCRR
Old 03-17-17, 06:08 AM
qcpmsame 
Semper Fi

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Quoted: 1172 Post(s)
Liked 358 Times in 241 Posts
I wish everyone all the best, but I see one thing that caused the biggest problem for Curtis and me, the age to use on the graphics. We held the line at Curtis' original 50+ design and graphics because that if this forum's name. And, he chose Champion Systems for several reasons, so changing the design is not something done for free or fast.

CS has several levels of pricing for custom work/group buys/teams, the prices go down by the number of items ordered. He chose, and I stuck with the 10 item minimum level. Curtis did the first several group buys, I took on the last one, back in 2015. Every design has a set cost for review and approval, a redesign adds cost and time, hence no changing the age of the group.

The original 50+, in red with black and white accents, is well recognized pretty much world wide. I sent jerseys to Canada, eating the additional shipping cost myself, and Curtis had some European orders in his initial group buys. When he allowed me the privilege of managing the last group buy, we agreed that the original design stayed if it was to be in our projects. Its Curtis' own copyright design, so CS isn't going to just hand it over either.

One last point, this takes a lot of work and time to do, and not cost the individual doing the buy out of their own pocket. I did spend some because I promised the same shipping cost to Canada and England, that was my mistake, but I honored the promise.

The 10 item program means not just 10 jerseys, it included all of the 50+ items Curtis designed, and had cataloged at Champion Systems for our Group Buys. Short sleeve jerseys, long sleeve jerseys, sleeveless Tri jerseys, shorts, (all in either race cut, or club cut, and two levels of material temperature level) a wind vest, wind jacket (a personal favorite of mine), and a casquette (euro cycling hat.) Curtis, and with his permission, myself are the listed individuals for this account and he has the design copyright.

Bill

I Can Do All Things Through Him, Who Gives Me Strength. Philippians 4:13

Old 03-17-17, 07:29 AM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by qcpmsame
I wish everyone all the best, but I see one thing that caused the biggest problem for Curtis and me, the age to use on the graphics. We held the line at Curtis' origina l50+ design and graphics because that if this forum's name. And, he chose Champion Systems for several reasons, so changing the design is not something done for free or fast…

The original 50+, in red with black and white accents, is well recognized pretty much world wide. I sent jerseys to Canada, eating the additional shipping cost myself, and Curtis had some European orders in his initial group buys. When he allowed me the privilege of managing the last group buy, we agreed that the original design stayed if it was to be in our projects. Its Curtis' own copyright design, so CS isn't going to just hand it over either.

Bill
Hi @Bill,

If you missed it, FYA, I posted previously on this thread (I know you know Miss Kenton):
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
Here’s what those former jerseys looked like (see below).They were made available by @ccorlew. I don’t wear cycling jerseys but I thought that one was clever, imitating a road sign of the famous US Route 50. BTW, the lady in the photo is @Miss Kenton.

From the thread last year, "50+ the way that it used to be":…
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_0657[1][1].JPG (93.6 KB, 185 views)
Old 03-07-18, 08:32 AM
packitin
Greenway Roadrunner

Bikes: 2005 Fuji Roubaix 28cm

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts
Do you have anything for 75+ ??
Old 03-07-18, 11:05 PM
cccorlew
Erect member since 1953

Bikes: Trek 520 Grando, Roubaix Expert, Motobecane Ti Century Elite turned commuter, Some old French thing gone fixie

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked 38 Times in 21 Posts
Originally Posted by packitin
Do you have anything for 75+ ??
Yes. It's the 50+ jersey. Totally suitable for 75 year olds.
Old 03-09-18, 08:13 PM
ZippyThePinhead
Slacker

Bikes: 1986 Peugeot Orient Express, 1987 Trek 560 Pro, 1983 SR Semi Pro, 2010 Motobecane Le Champion Titanium, 2011 Trek Fuel EX8

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by cccorlew
Yes. It's the 50+ jersey. Totally suitable for 75 year olds.
I got one of the CCCorlew-designed jerseys during the 2015 group buy organized by @qcpmsame. For those who do not know. @CCCorlew is an art proffie, if he hasn't retired yet, and his design is simple but good.
Old 03-15-18, 07:26 PM
NVanHiker

Bikes: 2008 Giant FCR2, 1992 Raleigh hybrid, my son's old mountain bike

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by cccorlew
Good luck! After I made the first 50+ jersey, and people wanted it changed I said "Do your own!" It's cool to see someone stepping up to do it.

Hint: be really careful or you'll end up spending money on it as well doing a lot of work. Still, you'll find it's totally worth the effort the first time you see your jersey in the wild, or someone recognizes you in yours.

Looking forward to seeing photos posted.
This might be a good time to thank you once again for all your hard work. It is a great graphic and I wear your jersey proudly!
Old 03-29-18, 10:21 PM
DGlenday

Bikes: Cannondale, Trek

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
I wonder what I'd look like in a 50 plus jersey.

Oh,wait...
<-------- like that!
Old 03-30-18, 04:06 AM
bruin11

Bikes: Lynskey Helix, Serotta Fierta IT, Torelli, Raleigh Carbon Revenio 3.0

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Still can't fit mine LOL
Old 03-30-18, 08:50 PM
Mainiac

Bikes: Fuji Allegro, Miele Mountain Bike, Trek Domane AL 2

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
If it's not too late, a 50+, even though a 70+ is mare appropriate.