Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Specialized eBike

Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Specialized eBike

Old 08-30-20, 08:57 PM
kshapero
Motorvated

Bikes: Cannodale Quick CX2, Specialized Allez Sport, Specialized Vado SL 5.0 EQ

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
E-bikes are selling like hot cakes down here.I have tried out many of them as my friends buy their own e bikes. One thing I noticed is they seem like a a basket of unrelated parts. With Specialized you feel that everything is truly integrated.Just my take.
Old 09-22-20, 01:23 PM
Chandne

Bikes: 2022 Moots RCS, 2014 BMC SLR01 DA Mech, 2020 Santa Cruz Stigmata, Ibis Ripmo, Trek Top Fuel, Specialized Levo SL, Norco Bigfoot VLT

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 459 Post(s)
Liked 181 Times in 117 Posts
Reviving a weeks-old thread. I am still thoroughly enjoying my Creo SL and got carried away...bought a Pivot e-mountain bike as well. Mountain biking has always been my primary passion and it has totally changed my regimen. I ride way more, though I keep it at lower setting so I never completely forget what suffering (long climbs) feels like. As I got older, those 3,000-4,000 ft days got less and less enjoyable on the MTB. At 51 now (and a new first-time dad) I felt I had to ride more to stay healthy but also did not want my high HR and irregular heartbeat to cause a scary event. Plus, the suffering is less fun now. I think e-bikes are going to be huge. If we are lucky, most on them will be regular road/gravel/mountain riders in the past and know the etiquette and handling skills. I think that is the key to be gracefully accepted into the respective communities. To that end I also (when on an e-bike) tend to not get competitive or try to pass a strong rider or someone really working hard. I slow down and enjoy the scenery for a while. That's just me. My highest modes almost never get used but I sure ride more with a lower HR and lower suffering.
Old 09-22-20, 03:02 PM
roskobosko

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Enjoy your new MTB E- Bike, I'm still riding an acoustic, SC Tallboy, at almost 69, but I see the handwriting on the wall, going electric eventually, have fun!
Likes For roskobosko:
Old 09-23-20, 09:46 PM
Batstar

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked 175 Times in 79 Posts
My wife and I have ridden our Creo SLs going on a month now and have to confess that these lightweight bikes are a gamechanger. The '21 MY Creos apparently come equipped with TCU remotes. Will be taking ours on another road trip next week this time to Jasper National Park. The little effort required to load them upright into our vehicle is an added bonus.
Likes For Batstar: