Old 05-14-20, 08:12 PM
KevinSCo

Bikes: Caad 9

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
San Diego Bike Store

Looking for a San Diego bike store. I Recently relocated from LA and my beloved CAAD 9 was promptly stolen - I want to replace it with another road bike. Thanks for any recommendations!

p.s. Here's a photo of the stolen bike in case someone comes across it - I replaced the original crank with a compact FSA, had a specialized saddle, had a 2003 small cat eye on the bars, and replaced the original Tektro brakes with Ultegras. Left shifter was knocked a little to the right, hadn't gotten around to straightening it after a fall.

Old 05-14-20, 09:44 PM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1628 Post(s)
Liked 3,114 Times in 1,683 Posts
what area of san diego do you live in?

that's a pretty distinctive cannondale. i'll keep an eye out for it.

Last edited by diphthong; 05-14-20 at 09:49 PM.
Old 05-14-20, 10:56 PM
KevinSCo

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I live in La Jolla. It was a Swamis club bike, obviously (maybe for junior riders?) - bought through a friend who is long time member. He got me into cycling.

Thanks
Old 05-15-20, 10:25 AM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1628 Post(s)
Liked 3,114 Times in 1,683 Posts
there’s california cycling on the edge of la jolla village, uc cycling up by ucsd and bike warehouse off of santa fe street by the 5 freeway/in-n-out in pacific beach. i’d check out all three. there’s also bicycle discovery in pacific beach on the corner of mission/feldspar. most of their inventory may be taken up with beach cruisers and the like since they’re practically on the beach/beach bike path but it’s a good size store and there might be a road bike or two languishing to be sold.

what size was the cannondale? a 56?
Old 05-15-20, 07:41 PM
Joe Bikerider

Bikes: 1969 Peugeot PX10, 1992 Della Santa, Linus Roadster 8, Biria 700C ST-8

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 794 Post(s)
Liked 508 Times in 322 Posts
Wow, thats a blast from the past. 1973 I was working (a little) at what eventually became UC cycling. We had a little space in a quonset hut sort of between Muir college and the library. Our business mostly consisted of the head guy buying parts down in TJ and we putting them on bikes and doing repairs. Campy and also Zeus. Pissed off the local shops for sure they were always trying to get us shut down. I know this doesn’t help you much and I hope you get a bike to ride but I just couldn’t resist. Take care!
Old 05-16-20, 01:50 AM
KevinSCo

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I think it was a 56. Thanks for the suggestions. I buy groceries next to UC Cyclery.
Old 07-20-20, 12:04 PM
KDR

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
UC Cyclery isn't the shop on campus. It is in La Jolla Village Square off Nobel Dr. California Bicycles on La Jolla Blvd. at Pearl Street is good too.