Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Commuting
Reload this Page >

Cannondale Supersix Evo ultegra

Notices
Commuting Bicycle commuting is easier than you think, before you know it, you'll be hooked. Learn the tips, hints, equipment, safety requirements for safely riding your bike to work.

Old 08-10-20, 02:45 PM
newsnoise

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello All,

i need some help. I recently tried the new Supersix Evo Ultegra and it was amazing, but I can’t get with the handle bars and shifting. It’s a physical problem I have that stems from a back injury. I need the breaking and shifting to be with straight handlebars because I can’t bend forward for very long. The bike shop said they can not mod the bike to have straight handlebars because of the shifting. Were they bull****ting me?

anyways -

i really love the feel of riding that bike. can someone please recommend a bike that has the same Frame/feel/speed but also has straight handlebars? I mainly bike for commuting. 2-3 miles per day in a major city.

thanks!
Old 08-11-20, 10:31 AM
bOsscO
bOsscO

Bikes: 2015 Norco Search S1, 93 Mongoose IBOC COMP

Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Liked 353 Times in 211 Posts
If you like Cannondale and want to buy a new commuter bike (since this is the Commuting thread) with a flat bar you may want to try their Quick series; https://www.cannondale.com/en-ca/bik...ku=c31100m102x
Likes For bOsscO:
Old 08-11-20, 01:45 PM
newsnoise

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bOsscO
If you like Cannondale and want to buy a new commuter bike (since this is the Commuting thread) with a flat bar you may want to try their Quick series; https://www.cannondale.com/en-ca/bik...ku=c31100m102x
cool thanks. I am open to other good bikes that have a carbon frame and are light/fast. Doesn’t specifically need to be Cannondale.
Old 08-11-20, 02:14 PM
bOsscO
bOsscO

Bikes: 2015 Norco Search S1, 93 Mongoose IBOC COMP

Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Liked 353 Times in 211 Posts
Originally Posted by newsnoise
cool thanks. I am open to other good bikes that have a carbon frame and are light/fast. Doesn’t specifically need to be Cannondale.
Well then.....consider this non-extensive list; https://www.roadbikerider.com/best-h...ikes-are-fast/
And don't rule out an aluminum frame with a carbon fork.
Likes For bOsscO:
Old 08-22-20, 01:23 PM
Bassmanbob

Bikes: 2014 Cannondale Supersix EVO 3, 2015 Trek 520, 2017 Bike Friday Pocket Rocket, 2022 Moots Vamoots Disc RSL

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked 267 Times in 140 Posts
My commuting ride is much different than my exercise/ leisure rides. I chose a steel bike for commuting because I wanted something a bit beefier, more durable. But that’s me.