Search
Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

ZIZE Bikes

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-19, 12:19 PM
TankGirl

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ZIZE Bikes

Hi there,
I was wondering if anyone out there had an experience using a ZIZE bike? I am thinking about purchasing one and would like to hear any consumer reviews...

Cheers,
Tank Girl
Old 01-25-19, 07:04 PM
JLDickmon
dollar-store reject

Bikes: one big fat wad of classic Cannondale mtb's

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 21 Posts
I took a look at the site.. couple of them looked interesting..
Old 06-30-19, 09:13 PM
breadbin

Bikes: Raleigh 531c, Marin Muirwoods, Brodie Romax

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
They seem quite expensive for what they are. I'd say they're made in China too because they don't highlight it. That might not bother most people. The cheapest I saw was $2500. For $500 on Craigslist you could get a steel bike that would do the same job, if not better.
Old 06-30-19, 09:33 PM
DrIsotope
Non omnino gravis

Bikes: Nekobasu, Pandicorn, Lakitu

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Quoted: 4905 Post(s)
Liked 1,731 Times in 958 Posts
Originally Posted by breadbin
They seem quite expensive for what they are. I'd say they're made in China too because they don't highlight it. That might not bother most people. The cheapest I saw was $2500. For $500 on Craigslist you could get a steel bike that would do the same job, if not better.
You're not getting a bike for $500 that is purposely built for riders weighing up to 400lbs-- most anything not made specifically for the superclyde niche will have a limit of 300lbs at most, many are 250lbs. They all appear to feature disc brakes, internal gear hubs, double bolt seatpost clamps, overbuilt wheels-- they seem to have thought them through. Dirtysixer bikes are really expensive as well, because they're also built for a very niche market.

I did note that the Zize Cyclone/Journey looks suspiciously similar to the Day 6 Behemoth-- so if you're looking for a quasi-recumbent flat-foot type of bike, Day 6 might be worth a look, as they have models starting around $1,000, and weight limits of ~350lbs.