Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

NYC locations to buy racing DVDs?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-05, 12:18 PM
timmhaan
more ape than man

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

i don't want to order things off the internet, if possible. is there any place in NYC that has a selection of racing DVDs you can purchase in the store? I haven't found much of anything, despite many places boasting they have an extensive "sports" selection. I've tried all the LBSs around me, tower records, virgin, best buy, J&L music\video, etc.. i live in a place which makes it vitually impossible to have anything delivered. any places you know of?
Old 01-25-05, 12:21 PM
Serpico
Banned.

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, why don't you want to order off the internet?

NYC is a big place, I'm sure you can find almost anything there, but you might end up driving an hour to get it.

Plus, ordering stuff over the internet is always cheaper.

Good luck.
Old 01-25-05, 12:29 PM
timmhaan
more ape than man

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
having anything deliveried to my apartment is always a problem. there is no one around to accept anything and whatever i get usually just ends up in the common area sitting for 8 hours. i'll do it if there isn't another alternative, i just like to go in a store and pick out things in person if possible.
Old 01-25-05, 03:13 PM
rich007

Bikes: 2008 Salsa Fargo

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have the same problem... No movie rental places carry any road racing DVDs; I yet have to find a bike shop that carries any (and rents them too)... So, for now I'm completely dependent on WorldCycling Productions web offerings and eBay sales...

Tim, if you find a place to get them in NYC, please let us know... Thanks... (I'm still looking... ...)
Old 01-25-05, 03:22 PM
timmhaan
more ape than man

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by rich007
I have the same problem... No movie rental places carry any road racing DVDs; I yet have to find a bike shop that carries any (and rents them too)... So, for now I'm completely dependent on WorldCycling Productions web offerings and eBay sales...

Tim, if you find a place to get them in NYC, please let us know... Thanks... (I'm still looking... ...)
i have a feeling i'll come across a bike shop that has them. maybe in midtown - there are a few i haven't been to yet. i'm continually surprised at how difficult it is to find videos. especially given that there is a decent racing culture here in the city. if any bike shop owner is reading this...hint hint.

but i'll be sure to share the name of the place that sells them, if i find it.
Old 01-25-05, 03:36 PM
zacster

Bikes: Kuota Kredo/Chorus, Trek 7000 commuter, Trek 8000 MTB and a few others

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 464 Times in 365 Posts
I thought I saw some at R&A, but since I'm not looking for them myself, I didn't pay any attention. Also try Sids if you haven't already.
Old 01-25-05, 03:43 PM
timmhaan
more ape than man

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by zacster
I thought I saw some at R&A, but since I'm not looking for them myself, I didn't pay any attention. Also try Sids if you haven't already.
this is why i like this forum so much. just called R&A and they have them.

105 5th ave. Brooklyn, NY.

thanks zacster.
Old 01-25-05, 06:30 PM
rich007

Bikes: 2008 Salsa Fargo

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by timmhaan
this is why i like this forum so much. just called R&A and they have them.

105 5th ave. Brooklyn, NY.

thanks zacster.
Coool, I'm might pay them a visit one of these days... BTW, Sid's @ 34th street only has some MTB and BMX freestyle stuff for sale, no road racing DVDs... I live nearby and visit them regularly...
Old 01-25-05, 07:04 PM
slvoid
2-Cyl, 1/2 HP @ 90 RPM

Bikes: 04' Specialized Hardrock Sport, 03' Giant OCR2 (SOLD!), 04' Litespeed Firenze, 04' Giant OCR Touring, 07' Specialized Langster Comp

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Also try Mr.C's bike shop, they have a ton of racing videos. Gotham downtown also has a couple.
Old 01-26-05, 07:09 AM
Al.canoe

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by timmhaan
i don't want to order things off the internet, if possible. is there any place in NYC that has a selection of racing DVDs you can purchase in the store? I haven't found much of anything, despite many places boasting they have an extensive "sports" selection. I've tried all the LBSs around me, tower records, virgin, best buy, J&L music\video, etc.. i live in a place which makes it vitually impossible to have anything delivered. any places you know of?
If you get US mail, you can order from Amazon.com. My books/videos from them come by US mail. I've been ordering from the Web since about it's inception and by mail-order catalogs before that. Never have had a problem that was not easily resolved in some 40 yrs. If we have a problem with a vendor, we call the credit card company and report it and tell them we won't pay. It's worked every time. ALso, Amazon is the most reliable out there.

Al