Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Thru Axle Question

Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Thru Axle Question

Old 01-29-21, 08:12 PM
Noonievut

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked 261 Times in 129 Posts
Thru Axle Question

When tightening the TA the lever part is sitting in a grove, but when you close the lever can you rotate it outside the grove so that it’s pointing say to the back of the bike? Said another way, I have it proper tightened and it so happens that if I close the lever it points forward (can catch a twig while riding) or into the fork or brake caliper, so I want to turn it a 1/4 turn so better positioned.

Cheers!
Old 01-29-21, 08:31 PM
Russ Roth

Bikes: 2010 Carrera Volans, 2015 C-Dale Trail 2sl, 2017 Raleigh Rush Hour, 2017 Blue Proseccio, 1992 Giant Perigee, 80s Gitane Rallye Tandem

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1079 Post(s)
Liked 1,017 Times in 719 Posts
Yeah, the lever has free movement outside of the groove, point it back or in the front up along the fork.
Old 01-30-21, 12:30 AM
Canker

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Liked 209 Times in 133 Posts
I'm not going to say they all have a way to do that but a lot have some way to do that.