Search
Notices
Manufacturer, Retailer, Survey and Consumer Feedback As a manufacturer or retailer, do you want opinions and feedback on your products or services? Members, do you have an open letter to publish? Here's a place for both sides of the industry to communicate. Also, surveys and Student Data Colllection projects go in here.

Chain Reaction Returns

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-17, 01:04 PM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3660 Post(s)
Liked 5,408 Times in 2,747 Posts
Chain Reaction Returns

I recently ordered a couple of jerseys from CR. I've ordered lots of tires and components from UK stores but never had to return anything. One jersey didn't fit and I was resigned to eating the cost and passing it along to a riding friend. I was checking CR to see if they had the jersey in a larger size and "$1.99 Returns" grabbed my attention. Yes, you can return stuff to them for $1.99! You enter your order #, indicate what and why you are returning, pay them $1.99 via Paypal or whatever and up pops a shipping label to print. Package your stuff and take it to the post office. Yes, post office. Simple. I'll update if and when I actually get a refund.
Old 12-13-17, 11:49 PM
Siu Blue Wind
Homey

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 2427 Post(s)
Liked 1,406 Times in 900 Posts
Soooo ...

How did it go?
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.
Old 12-19-17, 05:09 PM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Still crossing the Atlantic, apparently. Took a week to get from Nashville to Atlanta....
Old 12-26-17, 04:06 PM
Rollfast
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 255 Posts
And?
Old 12-27-17, 11:52 AM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

I just checked and it made it to Miami on 12/20, apparently it didn't go to UK from Atlanta, just went south.... Nothing posted since then I'll check again in a week or so.
Old 12-27-17, 12:05 PM
Marcus_Ti
FLIR Kitten to 0.05C

Bikes: Roadie: Seven Axiom Race Ti w/Chorus 11s. CX/Adventure: Carver Gravel Grinder w/ Di2

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 2349 Post(s)
Liked 406 Times in 254 Posts
Originally Posted by shelbyfv
I just checked and it made it to Miami on 12/20, apparently it didn't go to UK from Atlanta, just went south.... Nothing posted since then I'll check again in a week or so.
Sounds almost like "ePacket" shipping. Slowest boat possible, and no tracking data once it hits the shipping hub...until delivery/acceptance

For $1.99 can't complain too much for USA->international shipping, the rates for consumers normally are sky high...whereas the international->USA rates are silly low. Thank Congress for that BTW.
Old 12-27-17, 12:14 PM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Yeah, this time of year I'm not surprised about the shipping time. I'm more interested in how quickly they put my $ back in Paypal once they get the return. I'm under no delusion that Congress has my interest in mind, not the demographic they cater to!
Old 12-27-17, 12:33 PM
Marcus_Ti
FLIR Kitten to 0.05C

Bikes: Roadie: Seven Axiom Race Ti w/Chorus 11s. CX/Adventure: Carver Gravel Grinder w/ Di2

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 2349 Post(s)
Liked 406 Times in 254 Posts
Originally Posted by shelbyfv
Yeah, this time of year I'm not surprised about the shipping time. I'm more interested in how quickly they put my $ back in Paypal once they get the return. I'm under no delusion that Congress has my interest in mind, not the demographic they cater to!
For $1.99, it isn't the time of year slowing it down...it is the nature of the El Cheapo service. Normally a USA consumer would probably pay $30USD in return shipping for a jersey to send it to the EU no matter what level of service they picked.

Do you know if Chain Reaction got an ePacket shipping label? Not that it matters, I'm just curious....CR being international, maybe they can get ePacket return labels originating in the USA.

You order anything off AliExpress or from China generally and it comes ePacket...which costs $1.99...and takes 3 weeks, with basically no tracking no matter what time of year. I've done some El Cheapo Faukleys, also some race-fit cycling jerseys, and a CF handlebar that way. Always takes 3 weeks.

Sidenote...ePacket shipping causing international->USA shipping prices to plummet overnight, and thanks to Congress starting that program, it basically destroyed the small business Mom&Pop eBay storefront overnight....they can make and ship things to the USA from China for less than the cost of domestic intra-US USPS shipping.
Old 12-27-17, 12:42 PM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

I still have the email I used to print the label. It says "Smart Label Returns."
Old 12-31-17, 09:52 PM
Rollfast
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 255 Posts
Originally Posted by Marcus_Ti
Sounds almost like "ePacket" shipping. Slowest boat possible, and no tracking data once it hits the shipping hub...until delivery/acceptance

For $1.99 can't complain too much for USA->international shipping, the rates for consumers normally are sky high...whereas the international->USA rates are silly low. Thank Congress for that BTW.

'Sfunny but I've received several things from the UK and Europe in under two weeks.
Old 01-10-18, 07:31 AM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Resolved! The refund was posted to Paypal yesterday, I received emails from CR and Paypal. The shipping time back to CR seemed excessive, especially in comparison with how quickly the original order got to me. Maybe the season and/or the type of shipping as was pointed out above. I can see this cheap return being useful if you wanted to order something in different sizes and keep the one that fit. I wouldn't use it for exchanges. I'd just do a fresh order for what I wanted and get it in a week, get a refund for the returned item whenever.