Hello, heroes.

Bikes: '08 madone 5.1 WSD, '05 specialized dolce

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Road bike rental in Lucca, Italy

Hi All,
I'm looking to rent a couple of road bikes during a visit to the town of Lucca in mid-may. Does anyone know of a shop that will rent road bikes located in Lucca?
Old 04-03-09, 05:30 PM
flipflops
Hello, heroes.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
FYI-- look here for bike rental info -- my post containing the info is closer to the bottom of the page:
https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...ighlight=lucca
Old 05-24-09, 10:15 AM
flavio

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
There is a very interesting circle of ancient walls around the center of Lucca, and over that walls there is the path for a complete walk (by foot or by bicycle); they are in fact a park with gardens and trees, all over the walls.
Near those walls, down, there are some bike rentals; I don't remember their names but they are quite big, so you can see them while you are walking over the walls!
Old 06-01-09, 05:30 PM
flipflops
Hello, heroes.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by flavio
There is a very interesting circle of ancient walls around the center of Lucca, and over that walls there is the path for a complete walk (by foot or by bicycle); they are in fact a park with gardens and trees, all over the walls.
Near those walls, down, there are some bike rentals; I don't remember their names but they are quite big, so you can see them while you are walking over the walls!
Hey Flavio-- We rented from Cicli Bizzarri our first day in Lucca but we eventually came across Chrono bikes, also within the walls. It's a great shop! Next time you're in Lucca, check it out-- nice bikes for rent and sale. The owner, Paladino, knows his stuff.

Chrono Bikes (https://www.chronobikes.com/). Tell him April and Tom sent you
Old 06-05-09, 08:28 AM
flavio

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi April, I read the other thread only after my post here.
Probably I'll have my bike next times in Lucca, so no need to rent, but I'll look for chronobikes to see its accessories!

Happy cycling
Old 02-06-11, 10:29 PM
cosacolline

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Recommend Chrono Bikes Highly

I've had two great experiences with Chrono in the last two years, and recommend Palladino and his shop highly. I visited first in March 2009, expecting just to rent a bike for a couple of long day rides in the countryside around Lucca. When I arrived, I asked Palladino for advice on routes to ride in the area. He gave me a long look, and asked if I thought I was in good shape. I commute and ride daily, so said yes. Pallo asked if I would like to ride with him and a small group of his friends on their regular afternoon ride - from 1 to 4. So, to make a somewhat longer story short, I spent the next two afternoons riding through some fabulous countryside with some really capable cyclists. Palladino is a wonderful guy, a great rider and seems to know every third person in Lucca. His shop is fully equipped and he has quality new each year road bikes to rent. If you're serious about some good road cycling, this is what you're looking for. I returned again last year as part of a longer family vacation, and look forward to returning again this summer.
Old 03-17-12, 08:39 AM
Pug
High Modulus

Bikes: Cervelo R3, Ridley X-Night

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm going to be in Lucca the last week of June 2012. Is Chrono Bikes still the go-to place to rent a bike? Thanks
Old 06-16-12, 02:38 PM
Bozeorbust

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tuscan bike rental

Check out www.ecorent.net for a nice selection of well maintained bikes and excellent setup. I rented a bike for a week (last week) to do a supported Tuscan bike tour and the bike fit like a glove. Danielle takes your current bike measurements in advance and sets up your rental to be the same. He then delivers the bike to your hotel or any other location, fine tunes the adjustments, and mounts your pedals if you like. The bike came with 2 bottle cages and a computer. This option was less expensive than shipping my bike and more convenient than seeking out a bike shop and having a bike fitted at the time of pick up. He seems to favor Giant bikes and has a large assortment of sizes and models. I had a ton of fun riding in Tuscany and look forward to doing it again. Ecorent.net made it super convienient and less expensive.
Old 05-13-18, 02:51 AM
flipflops
Hello, heroes.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just reread this thread and for anyone still interested in bike rides/rentals/tours in Lucca- Chrono Bikes is still the place to go. They not only rent top of the line and super-well maintained bikes but the owner, Paladino and his team also lead fantastic tours.

If you're interested, check out the shop site (https://www.chronobikes.com/) and Chrono Plus the tour site (Experience the best cycling tours in Tuscany landscapes - ChronòPlus)