Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

Anyone know what's up with Bicycle Wheel Warehouse?

Search
Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-11, 11:20 AM
vivforvendetta

Bikes: Redline 925

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I ordered a set of wheels around the holidays from bicyclewheelwarehouse.com and haven't heard from them since. It's been more than a week, and the only commnunication I've gotten from them is that my credit card has been charged. I've tried emailing (no response) and calling (no room left to leave a message). Anyone here in a similar situation? Can anyone offer advice?

I figure if they took the holidays off, they'd be back by now (Wednesday the 12th) and at least respond to my emails. I suppose I can always call my credit card if they don't respond in a few days.

Anyone in LA know of a LBS that sells Mavic Open Pros or CXP-33s? All the shops that have fixed gear stuff seem to only have deep-v's.
Old 01-12-11, 12:06 PM
yummygooey
i smell bacon

Bikes: Geekhouse Deerfield, GT Edge Ti, Spooky Skeletor, TET Track, Ritchey P-650b, Bridgestone MB-3

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
If you don't mind ordering online, Velomine has a couple of Open Pros:

https://www.velomine.com/index.php?ma...ath=87_172_178
Old 01-12-11, 12:12 PM
Capocaccia

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I searched around about BWW. And what I found was that this situation is more than typical. However, I didnt find any bad reviews of the product they sell just their customer service through emails. One site I read said that after he called and left a message they called him back but that was after he was frustrated with no responses from email. So I think you will get your product but its up to you if you want to put up with the service.
Old 01-12-11, 01:00 PM
jdgesus 
sɹɐʇsɟoןןnɟsʇıbɟɯo

Bikes: fixed gear recumbent trike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
cancel your order and run away

next step is recumbent.

my bikes | bike blog | beer blog | work 1 | work 2
Old 01-12-11, 10:29 PM
erpdat

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I will never order from BWW again. I got my Open Pros from them. First, they sent me the wrong rims (black CD) and then when I finally got my wheels, they were built very poorly. Yeah, they're machine built so what do you expect.

But for the $300 I paid, I could have easily gotten something handbuilt to Phil Wood on CL. Hand built is the way to go, always.
Old 01-13-11, 01:25 AM
leed

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I don't know, I bought two cheap wheelsets from them that suited me quite well (until a lip folded in). It's not top notch, but I'd say you get more than your moneys worth. Granted, I only paid 100 and 130 for my wheelsets. Granted, I will tell you this: It's much more satisfying to build your own -- which is what I did after that busted rim.
Old 04-25-18, 01:13 AM
michaelm101

Bikes: Cannondale Carbon Synapse Road, Cannondale T2000 Touring, Vintage Mongoose IBOC Pro MTB, Vintage Peugeot 12spd racer, Old rusty Schwinn Manta Ray I neglected as a child, Diamondback Haanjo EXP Carbon & Metro, Specialized Roubaix Pro, RaleighSC Tandem

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked 39 Times in 29 Posts
Originally Posted by vivforvendetta
I ordered a set of wheels around the holidays from bicyclewheelwarehouse.com and haven't heard from them since. It's been more than a week, and the only commnunication I've gotten from them is that my credit card has been charged. I've tried emailing (no response) and calling (no room left to leave a message). Anyone here in a similar situation? Can anyone offer advice?

I figure if they took the holidays off, they'd be back by now (Wednesday the 12th) and at least respond to my emails. I suppose I can always call my credit card if they don't respond in a few days.

Anyone in LA know of a LBS that sells Mavic Open Pros or CXP-33s? All the shops that have fixed gear stuff seem to only have deep-v's.
I was directed to their website for purchase of a touring wheelset. 4 days ago, I sent 5 messages directly from each of their product pages & also sent a separate email to their contact address. No replies yet. I called and left a voicemail this morning... Still nothing.

I wouldn't call this a very positive experience considering all I want to do is hand them $$$ for a product they have in their warehouse. Am I doing something wrong?
Old 04-25-18, 08:19 AM
Scrodzilla
Your cog is slipping.

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 640 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 58 Posts
Seven. years. later.

All the wheels they have on their site are crap anyway.
Old 04-25-18, 08:23 AM
WesleeC

Bikes: State 4130 Matte Black 6, Artic White Wabi Classic

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I had a very pleasant transaction with them. I ordered a wheelset for my mountain bike. I rode them for about 6 months then decided to switch out the frame. The new frame had a larger dropout spacing so I asked BWW if there was something I could do to use my existing wheels. They sent me the adapters for free. Great service in my experience. Sorry to hear about some of the other problems.