Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Recumbent
Reload this Page >

Is LWB recumbent popularity dying? I posted my recumbent for sale and not 1 reply

Notices
Recumbent What IS that thing?! Recumbents may be odd looking, but they have many advantages over a "wedgie" bicycle. Discuss the in's and out's recumbent lifestyle in the recumbent forum.

Is LWB recumbent popularity dying? I posted my recumbent for sale and not 1 reply

Old 12-05-19, 09:26 AM
BlazingPedals

Bikes: Trek 7500, RANS V-Rex, Optima Baron, Velokraft NoCom, M-5 Carbon Highracer, Catrike Speed

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 994 Post(s)
Liked 94 Times in 69 Posts
Originally Posted by Lucillle View Post
As far as test riding, no one gets to ride my personal bikes. And of course there is the now famous story of the guy who test rode a $5,000 bike at a shop and didn't come back.
That happens occasionally. Shops have insurance. Plus, if they don't know you they'll usually want a driver's license to hold as a 'security deposit.' If you don't come back, they know where to look for you.
Old 12-05-19, 09:42 AM
himespau 

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1628 Post(s)
Liked 91 Times in 71 Posts
Originally Posted by BlazingPedals View Post
That happens occasionally. Shops have insurance. Plus, if they don't know you they'll usually want a driver's license to hold as a 'security deposit.' If you don't come back, they know where to look for you.
Yeah, but shop insurance probably doesn't cover the owners' personal bikes.
Old 12-05-19, 10:11 AM
Lucillle
Lucille

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 11 Posts
https://www.bicycling.com/news/a2705...ief-test-ride/
Old 12-06-19, 09:06 AM
Lucillle
Lucille

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by VegasTriker View Post
Most people with balance problems opt for a trike. It has fewer negative impressions than using a set of training wheels and is probably more fun.
A lwb recumbent with stabilizer wheels may be just the ticket, just a bit of confidence, that will get people into lwb riding and may help move the huge backlog of lwbs for sale. And it is possible that eventually a much more expensive trike would be chosen.

Last edited by Lucillle; 12-06-19 at 12:13 PM.